Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bootloops

So I got the phone on Thursday and after disabling most of the Verizon bloat and setting my launcher back up I love the phone. However, the first night I had it at 2am the phone woke me up by being in a boot loop, just constantly rebooting. I did a factory reset and the problem was gone, (via the recovery), but it happened again today. I booted into safe mode, uninstalled the google calendar(pure google one) and Nova Launcher(my two most recent installs) and then rebooted into the normal phone. I didn't get any reboots after that, has anyone else had this issue with the phone getting stuck in boot loops?
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7

Default Re: Bootloops

It may be an app. I recently downloaded Dexter Quiz app and every time I clicked on it, the phone would reboot. Strange but it only did it with that app.
    Last edited by Iggymart; 12-01-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Same thing happened to me with USA Today app.....I go to open it and it would just reboot. Strange!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So likely it's not a hardware issue then, there's an app screwing things up. I think it's my launcher (Nova) changed somethings with it and we'll see how it goes.
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Since removing Nova Launcher I've still yet to have any reboots. Been 3 days now, think that might have been it. That or the fact that with Nova I had added an additional row of apps, not that that should have caused an issue, but ya never know!
    Device history:

You said you disabled Verizon bloat...when you restored did those same apps stay disabled? Just in case you disabled something that caused the reboot...

There is some odd behavior. Another poster said they wanted to use DoubleTwist but it was causing their phone to reboot, but I have it on mine and no issues.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    You said you disabled Verizon bloat...when you restored did those same apps stay disabled? Just in case you disabled something that caused the reboot...

There is some odd behavior. Another poster said they wanted to use DoubleTwist but it was causing their phone to reboot, but I have it on mine and no issues.
    No when I performed a restore i had to re-disable the apps. The second time I just booted into safe mode then restarted and it booted up fine. I have double twist installed but haven't been using it. I think it's the launcher or the Pure Google Calendar app. I uninstalled both and so far so good.
    Device history:

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

So NOVA is a no go then? Has anyone had success with NOVA? I plan on getting this phone very soon and it would be bummed if I couldn't have NOVA launcher.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    So NOVA is a no go then? Has anyone had success with NOVA? I plan on getting this phone very soon and it would be bummed if I couldn't have NOVA launcher.
    I haven't officially ruled nova as the cause yet, I'm still working on it.
    Device history:

I am using nova and it works fine for me so far. Been on it since I got it on Tuesday morning. Rebooted a couple times myself and each time rebooted fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz1-2 View Post
    Successfully using nova prime with the tesla notifications. No problems whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

It is so comforting not to be alone!

I have had two Razr Maxx HD's in the last 5 days (9 left on my 14 day return policy). Got the first one and immediately loaded all 150 apps of my apps from the Play Store. 1.5 days later - Book Loops. Took it in to verizon after 1 hour with their tech support on phone. They did an exchange for no cost. Thought it was hardware defect.

Came home - repeated process - Boot Loops exactly 1.5 days later.

After performing a factory reset again on this one - I loaded ONLY Nova Launcher.....as I suspected it was either that or Apex Launcher to blame (the second phone crashed running Apex but had Nova on board.

Lets try to diagnose this problem among us.... I will work Nova - someone else want to try Apex? I am unwilling to stick with this phone with stock motoblur - can't have more than one favorite/dock bar!

Misery loves company!

One more thing - I also had on board the following mentioned aps in this thread.

Pure Grid calendar
    double twist

Neither of which are running current platform. Good luck to us all - at least we have a few days left before we "own" them outright.

I don't see how Nova or Apex will cause boot loops. My first guess is there is an app that was restored that shouldn't be running on the MAXX. If you haven't gotten any boot loops since you did a factory reset and haven't restored anything except for Nova then it was a different app. I run basic apps and widgets with no issues what so ever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

That would be nice to know for sure - not sure how anyone is supposed to know thought which apps "shouldn't be running on the MAXX'.

Quote Originally Posted by pag_doc View Post
    That would be nice to know for sure - not sure how anyone is supposed to know thought which apps "shouldn't be running on the MAXX'.
    Sadly the only way to install one by one and see when the issues start. I would start installing basic apps like facebook, twitter and any other "popular" apps like that and let it be for a while. No problems exist then install some more and go from there. I had issues like this on my GS3 where an app just misbehaved and caused my GS3 to randomly reboot. Pain in the a$$ but once you get it working this phone is great. Mine literally WONT die.

Not running a MAXX, but a RAZR M. I've been running Nova launcher successfully for a few weeks. Loaded double twist today and immediately went in to boot loops. I managed to uninstall double twist in between two of the loop cycles, and the boot loops stopped...
    Thanked by:
    creccaj1 likes this.

Just a quick update. I have been running Nova launcher now on maxx hd for almost two days with no boot loops. Feel brave I have also started to install a few widgets and apps including Pure Grid Calendar, Be Weather, HD widgets, battery widget pro, and a few icon packs for Nova.

No boot loops yet. I am going to let the device rest today - plan to add a few more apps/widgets this weekend.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I did a factory reset the first night I got the phone, then the next time I just booted into safe mode and uninstalled Nova and Google Calendar. I haven't had any issues since, thinking it's time to try Nova Launcher again.
    Device history:

Nova is not to blame. I installed NOVA alone on factory reset over 4 days ago and no problems. Have been systematically installing additional apps a few per day - almost done and no book loops.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I think I found the cause, I deactivated the stock calendar app and installed the pure Google one. It's not Nova Launcher that was the problem. Things running tip top now
    Device history:

I downloaded Doubletwist and ran into the same bootload every time I launched it. No problems after so I wouldn't recommend downloading it.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Your situation is very similar to mine. I thought the looping came after installing Doubletwist or maybe nova. What you reminded me of is that I had also shut down most of the Verizon apps just before the looping. All apps mentioned that disabling them might cause stability issues.

So, after you did the recovery restart were all the Verizon apps active as they come from the factory? If so, did you disable them once again? If you haven't re-disabled them and the phone is OK then the disabling may be the real cause.

I continue to use nova since after getting a new phone (could not be reset). So I don't believe nova is the culprit.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by DennisOS2 View Post
    Your situation is very similar to mine. I thought the looping came after installing Doubletwist or maybe nova. What you reminded me of is that I had also shut down most of the Verizon apps just before the looping. All apps mentioned that disabling them might cause stability issues.

So, after you did the recovery restart were all the Verizon apps active as they come from the factory? If so, did you disable them once again? If you haven't re-disabled them and the phone is OK then the disabling may be the real cause.

I continue to use nova since after getting a new phone (could not be reset). So I don't believe nova is the culprit.
    It happened again this weekend, went into safe mode changed nothing and it continued to boot loop. Wen't back in uninstalled Nova, phone booted right up.
    Device history:

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Pardon my ignorance, but with it being in a perpetual boot-loop (even in safe mode), how'd you manage to uninstall Nova? (or did you do a factory-reset and just not install Nova).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast