Are you keeping it?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am definitely keeping mine even if I didn't want to. I put my GS3 on Swappa and sold it in 36 hours. I thought I would have a week to be sure on the Maxx HD.

WrexAndroid

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Yup, its been 5 days with this phone and will definitely keep it. I'm loving everything about it and the battery life is insane. Glad I went with this over the GS3 and was gonna wait to see the new LG Nexus 4 but Verizon won't be selling it any time soon.

I can't wait for the Jelly Bean update although if I'm keeping it I will root within the next couple of days.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
A nit-picky question for those of you who have one in hand . . I was checking out a maxx hd at BB and it seemed like the interface where the screen/glass meets the edge of the phone had a raised sharp-ish feel to it; my son has a reg razr maxx and that edge is smooth/rounded. Not a deal-breaker by any means but was just curious if this is what yours is like or maybe this was just a dummy phone issue.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
A nit-picky question for those of you who have one in hand . . I was checking out a maxx hd at BB and it seemed like the interface where the screen/glass meets the edge of the phone had a raised sharp-ish feel to it; my son has a reg razr maxx and that edge is smooth/rounded. Not a deal-breaker by any means but was just curious if this is what yours is like or maybe this was just a dummy phone issue.

I just got mine yesterday, coming from a regular RAZR and yes, the raised lip is sharper than the first generation. Doesn't bother me, though. The back corners are more rounded than the original and in my opinion it's much more comfortable holding it in my hand.

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I actually traded it in at BB for the Blue S3. I dunno I am still torn tho. The screen on the S3 feels much bigger since there are no buttons and the camera is LOADS better. I am on a 4.1.2. Vanilla Android ROM and it is beastly with my battery lasting 16 hours.

So I honestly don't know. I have until the 18th to exchange tho.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

humfybogurt

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got my maxx HD yesterday & so far it seems like a good phone. A few issues have popped up.

When I was trying to
download apps, (Facebook & Androidcentral to be exact) it would download all the way to 99% then stop. I had to turn airplane mode on & off to get it to completely download.

Then my battery life doesn't seem to be as great as others are experiencing. I'm almost at 12 hours & I'm already down to 37%. Yet other users seem to be making it to almost a day & a half and are barely down to the teens or 20's percentage wise. its only my first full day with this phone, so maybe it will get better.

I'm hoping because I really like this new maxx HD, but I only got it for the battery life & right now it doesn't seem to be as great as I thought. Or perhaps this normal?! I'm not sure...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

ValerieF

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I had to return my Razr Maxx HD today. The touch screen stopped working. I could not get the droid to respond at all. The screen was on but unable to respond to my touch. I could not answer incoming calls, nor go to settings, nor do anything. I attempted the manual reboot by holding the power and volumne down 10 sec. I did it several times. The screen was totally unresponsive. I could not turn the device off. I took it back immediately since my 14 days would be up on Wednesday. I bought the phone at Costco which has the best return policy compared to Verizon. They do not charge a restocking fee. I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

ValerieF

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I decided to wait until I heard more feedback on this issue. My son (a geek) mentioned there could be further problems and not to buy the phone upon release. I got one from the early Verizon batch. Hence I do not know if this is a fluke or a potential device problem. I did not want to risk it since I knew Motorola was in a hurry to get this device out. I loved the phone for the 10 days it worked. Battery life was great, but that doesn't compensate a completely non working phone. I've learned the hard way so I returned the phone within the 14 day period.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I decided to wait until I heard more feedback on this issue. My son (a geek) mentioned there could be further problems and not to buy the phone upon release. I got one from the early Verizon batch. Hence I do not know if this is a fluke or a potential device problem. I did not want to risk it since I knew Motorola was in a hurry to get this device out. I loved the phone for the 10 days it worked. Battery life was great, but that doesn't compensate a completely non working phone. I've learned the hard way so I returned the phone within the 14 day period.

Your son is a smart guy. I also thought about waiting for the exact same reason but I decided to take the plunge. So far so good. Sorry it didn't work out for you. What phone are you looking at now?

fwellers

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh yea keeping it !!
My wife and I bought our first androids together the other day. Hers is the Samsung Galaxy 3. I went with the motorola for the better hardware, better battery, better voice and am not disappointed.
Aside from that, when she asks me to do stuff for her on her phone I get some experience with the differences in the samsung and motorola skins. Motorola wins hands down for me. It just seems more intuitive, things like slide left bringing you right to the settings. or using the recent apps button on the bottom to show you what's running and slide them to close them. So easy !!!
The battery is great too.
Maybe with the slower processor, if I was into gaming I would mind it, but I'm not, so I don't. For me this is the best phone I've had yet ! DEfinitely keeping it. :))

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay