Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Default Re: Those that switched from GS3 to Maxx HD

people that use the on screen button argument against the rzr maxx hd are ludicrous!!!!!! you are talking about .25"!!!!!! So google got it wrong on the Nexus 4, 7, and 10? LOL!!
    akhi216 likes this.

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by edizzle View Post
    people that use the on screen button argument against the rzr maxx hd are ludicrous!!!!!! you are talking about .25"!!!!!! So google got it wrong on the Nexus 4, 7, and 10? LOL!!
    I said TO ME not everyone!!!!! I wouldn't mind the on screen buttons as long as they would disappear after a couple of seconds of not touching the screen

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Switching to HDR helps when using the camera. All the reviews were bashing the camera and I haven't had any issues as of yet. If you are worried about it Camera360 is a good camera app.

That guy
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

I switched back to the GS3. Just couldn't get over the Camera and the loss of screen real estate.

I am not a fan of touchwiz. I rooted and booted this thing within minutes and am now running Jellybro with the 4.2 keyboard and camera. Battery last about 15 hours so I can't complain. No radio issues as well. Maybe it is the ROM tho.

I have until the 18 to switch back and I honestly am thinking that the S3 is the better phone for me. Still breaks my heart tho

Quote Originally Posted by Ohleo View Post
    I switched back to the GS3. Just couldn't get over the Camera and the loss of screen real estate.

I am not a fan of touchwiz. I rooted and booted this thing within minutes and am now running Jellybro with the 4.2 keyboard and camera. Battery last about 15 hours so I can't complain. No radio issues as well. Maybe it is the ROM tho.

I have until the 18 to switch back and I honestly am thinking that the S3 is the better phone for me. Still breaks my heart tho

Still breaks your heart? Seems you don't miss it for anything. Was it the battery life?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

^^^breaks my heart because I was so excited to get it and waited so long. I really wanted to think that it was better.

And yeah battery life but I guess I realized that it 30+ hours of life isn't that serious. If my phone can last all day I am good. I guess

Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    but they dont pay my bills and I dont get any of their stuff for free so theres no reason for me to fanboy-rage-defend them.
    They don't have to do those things to make me like the phone and ask people to clarify their statements. On forums, it's useless to discuss things when both sides don't understand the opinions being stated. I'm okay with the Maxx HD and my previous phone was the Maxx. But the new Maxx HD brings nothing new to the table. Motorola makes amazing things but they aren't even slightly game changing. Have you noticed almost every new Android is compared to the S3? That's called a "standard". The S3 is the standard right now. I like TW because it offers new features. You know what's cool about it? You can shut those features/gimmicks off if you don't use them. I'm not a fanboy of Samsung just because I like TouchWiz and ask why others don't. You don't have to owe me an explanation, that's why I simply asked. I prefer specifics over mindless echos.

I should add that Moto deserves credit for the battery. That IS game changing. But that is only the Maxx variants obviously.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Thanked by:
    Serial Fordicator likes this.

You guys think they will release a new razr soon? Thinking of switching from s3 to maxx hd but don't want an outdated phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by diegoesk View Post
    You guys think they will release a new razr soon? Thinking of switching from s3 to maxx hd but don't want an outdated phone.

IMHO...I don't think they will release any new RAZR's, this year.
    pblakk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggymart View Post
    Yeah that's not gonna happen.

Are you just bored of your s3 or is it issues? I say get the maxx HD if you need the long lasting power.

Thanked by:

Outdated phone? It's only been out less then a month.

Im thinking about making the switch today. Just curious to know if anyone has had success using a 64gb microSD?

I currently have one in my s3 and would rather keep it than buy a new one.

just purchased the maxx HD. Cosmetically this phone feels and looks amazing.

I'll report back my findings in a couple of days
    bgl321 likes this.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Im thinking about making the switch today. Just curious to know if anyone has had success using a 64gb microSD?

I currently have one in my s3 and would rather keep it than buy a new one.

2 users have reported 64gb cards working after formatting them with the phone. See posts 6 & 8 in this thread.
    Thanked by:

yes. I didnt have the chance to update my review but I placed my 64gb class 10 microSD into the phone with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggymart View Post
    This.

The RAZR HD will last a year. The only reason the Maxx came out months later from the original RAZR was Motorola held back. This time it was all at once.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Actually I love the notification light- way better then my OG Dinc and rivals my BB9700. LightFlow seals the deal IMHO
    pblakk likes this.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I currently have both phones, and am trying to decide which to keep. I'm sure it's all been said by now, but here are the pros of each for me:

S3
    -Smoother UI, by far. I am using Nova launcher on both, and have the same apps installed. I get occasional lag and stutters on the RMHD, but never on the SG3 - it's smooth as silk.
    -better camera
    -better stock sms app (I like that you can use volume up/down to control font size in messages), plus it just looks nicer to me. On the RMHD, I had to go to handcent.
    -faster to pick up 4G after being on wifi connection
    -better use of screen size due to nav buttons under screen, rather than on-screen.
    -great battery life
    -better camera

RMHD
    -better call quality/stronger signal.
    -feels sturdy
    -even better battery life

Worst camera ever. But unbeatable at everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda McDonald View Post
    Worst camera ever. But unbeatable at everything else.
    Probably not the worst camera ever.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123