Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Default Re: [GUIDE] Disabling Apps/Bloat on RAZR MAXX HD

I have also disabled: Google Play books, Moto Chinese Input, Moto (something that follows Moto Chinese Input,) Movie Studio,Smart Actions, Talk, Talk Back,Weather. Comments?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by kmf View Post
    I have also disabled: Google Play books, Moto Chinese Input, Moto (something that follows Moto Chinese Input,) Movie Studio,Smart Actions, Talk, Talk Back,Weather. Comments?
    I see no issue with those.
    Thanked by:

Love it, Love it. God it makes me hate my old Thunderbolt and the crap I put up with for 2 years
    Bank of Dad likes this.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

@tj1772...I believe that Lamina is a live wallpaper

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Any ideas if I need to re-enable everything to get the JB update??

- - - Updated - - -

Any ideas if I need to re-enable everything to get the JB update??

Not to add to mobrules' reply, but since the Jelly Bean update came out. Is there any other apps that can be safely disabled? For example the "Audible" app or any of the Amazon services?

ive had audible disabled since the JB update and haven't noticed any problems. The original post says Kindle is fine to disable

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Where is the color app? I can't find it.

Edit: I'm going to guess this app was available prior to Jelly Bean?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    Last edited by GatsbyGlen; 12-30-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Is it safe to disable the Amazon and amazon mp3 apps?

Is it safe to disable google search? I read one post that suggested you would lose all voice to text input if u do. Thanks.

I've disabled amazon, amazon mp3, and amazon Kindle. No problems so far, but if anyone has experienced any problems doing this please let me know :-)

Quote Originally Posted by GatsbyGlen View Post
    Where is the color app? I can't find it.

Edit: I'm going to guess this app was available prior to Jelly Bean?

Was installed as a system app in ics, then was moved to a user app with the jb update making it removable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Quote Originally Posted by kafreeman View Post
    Was installed as a system app in ics, then was moved to a user app with the jb update making it removable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    I can't find it. Maybe I got whacked, removed it and don't remember it :rolleyes:

Can someone please tell me how to stop apps from being randomly downloaded to my phone and putting it on my homescreens? I have no idea why it does this.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

You can go into your settings in the Play Store and uncheck auto update and auto add widgets.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Any changes to how this works on JB?

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Wow that's awesome info...bloatware is like my biggest pet peeve lmao

I've had my RAZR MAXX HD since December. Over the last few months I started having a recurring issue that was driving me CRAZY and this thread about disabling bloatware fixed it. My phone is back to all of its battery fueled glory. I don't know why, but for some reason I tend to ignore the "sticky" threads and just look for new postings when I browse these forums, so it took me a while to give the tips in this thread a try. The effort was extremely minimal and absolutely worth it.

For the possible benefit of anyone else who might struggle with the issue that vexed me, here it is. I would periodically pick up my phone from my desk after quite a while of having not used it at all, and I would find that it was burning hot to the touch and the battery would be decimated. It was like I was stuck with my old HTC Thunderbolt again. The horror! I tried tweak after tweak, and nothing worked, until I followed the advice on this thread and disabled all of the apps that I don't use. I'm guessing it was the evil Amazon apps causing me trouble (they always seemed to be on in the background before I disabled them), but who really knows. My full list of disabled apps is as follows: Amazon (the one with the regular Amazon logo), Amazon shopping (it has a shopping cart logo), Amazon Kindle, Amazon MP3, Audible, NFL Mobile, Quickoffice, Slacker Radio, Sync Service, and Zappos.

Since I went through this housecleaning my phone is always cool to the touch, and the battery (which is currently at 85% after being off charger for more than eight hours including 35 minutes of voice calls and 46 minutes of screen time) is back to its full glory. Woo-hoo!
    Thanked by:

Clear my family space please.

Quote Originally Posted by NotFromHere View Post
    I've had my RAZR MAXX HD since December. Over the last few months I started having a recurring issue that was driving me CRAZY and this thread about disabling bloatware fixed it. My phone is back to all of its battery fueled glory. I don't know why, but for some reason I tend to ignore the "sticky" threads and just look for new postings when I browse these forums, so it took me a while to give the tips in this thread a try. The effort was extremely minimal and absolutely worth it.

For the possible benefit of anyone else who might struggle with the issue that vexed me, here it is. I would periodically pick up my phone from my desk after quite a while of having not used it at all, and I would find that it was burning hot to the touch and the battery would be decimated. It was like I was stuck with my old HTC Thunderbolt again. The horror! I tried tweak after tweak, and nothing worked, until I followed the advice on this thread and disabled all of the apps that I don't use. I'm guessing it was the evil Amazon apps causing me trouble (they always seemed to be on in the background before I disabled them), but who really knows. My full list of disabled apps is as follows: Amazon (the one with the regular Amazon logo), Amazon shopping (it has a shopping cart logo), Amazon Kindle, Amazon MP3, Audible, NFL Mobile, Quickoffice, Slacker Radio, Sync Service, and Zappos.

Since I went through this housecleaning my phone is always cool to the touch, and the battery (which is currently at 85% after being off charger for more than eight hours including 35 minutes of voice calls and 46 minutes of screen time) is back to its full glory. Woo-hoo!
    I use all those apps. without difficulty. I'd be amazed if you don't find the hot phone again eventually. It happens to me on weak wifi or weak vzw signal.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g543g View Post
    Clear my family space please.
    What does that mean?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12