[GUIDE] Disabling Apps/Bloat on RAZR MAXX HD

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had my RAZR MAXX HD since December. Over the last few months I started having a recurring issue that was driving me CRAZY and this thread about disabling bloatware fixed it. My phone is back to all of its battery fueled glory. I don't know why, but for some reason I tend to ignore the "sticky" threads and just look for new postings when I browse these forums, so it took me a while to give the tips in this thread a try. The effort was extremely minimal and absolutely worth it.

For the possible benefit of anyone else who might struggle with the issue that vexed me, here it is. I would periodically pick up my phone from my desk after quite a while of having not used it at all, and I would find that it was burning hot to the touch and the battery would be decimated. It was like I was stuck with my old HTC Thunderbolt again. The horror! I tried tweak after tweak, and nothing worked, until I followed the advice on this thread and disabled all of the apps that I don't use. I'm guessing it was the evil Amazon apps causing me trouble (they always seemed to be on in the background before I disabled them), but who really knows. My full list of disabled apps is as follows: Amazon (the one with the regular Amazon logo), Amazon shopping (it has a shopping cart logo), Amazon Kindle, Amazon MP3, Audible, NFL Mobile, Quickoffice, Slacker Radio, Sync Service, and Zappos.

Since I went through this housecleaning my phone is always cool to the touch, and the battery (which is currently at 85% after being off charger for more than eight hours including 35 minutes of voice calls and 46 minutes of screen time) is back to its full glory. Woo-hoo!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had my RAZR MAXX HD since December. Over the last few months I started having a recurring issue that was driving me CRAZY and this thread about disabling bloatware fixed it. My phone is back to all of its battery fueled glory. I don't know why, but for some reason I tend to ignore the "sticky" threads and just look for new postings when I browse these forums, so it took me a while to give the tips in this thread a try. The effort was extremely minimal and absolutely worth it.

For the possible benefit of anyone else who might struggle with the issue that vexed me, here it is. I would periodically pick up my phone from my desk after quite a while of having not used it at all, and I would find that it was burning hot to the touch and the battery would be decimated. It was like I was stuck with my old HTC Thunderbolt again. The horror! I tried tweak after tweak, and nothing worked, until I followed the advice on this thread and disabled all of the apps that I don't use. I'm guessing it was the evil Amazon apps causing me trouble (they always seemed to be on in the background before I disabled them), but who really knows. My full list of disabled apps is as follows: Amazon (the one with the regular Amazon logo), Amazon shopping (it has a shopping cart logo), Amazon Kindle, Amazon MP3, Audible, NFL Mobile, Quickoffice, Slacker Radio, Sync Service, and Zappos.

Since I went through this housecleaning my phone is always cool to the touch, and the battery (which is currently at 85% after being off charger for more than eight hours including 35 minutes of voice calls and 46 minutes of screen time) is back to its full glory. Woo-hoo!

I use all those apps. without difficulty. I'd be amazed if you don't find the hot phone again eventually. It happens to me on weak wifi or weak vzw signal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2