Comparison to original Maxx?

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have original Maxx and love it, especially the battery life. In reading about the new Maxx HD it seems battery is still the biggest selling point. Curious for those who came from my original Maxx is there anything really that much better to justify making the move? And did you find anything to be a step backward?

DOOG9517

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Better materials and high def screen. The size isn't really different because the on screen navigation buttons mostly take up the extra space.

misaacs6516

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The battery is still the big selling point, but everything else about the device has been improved. It's faster, the screen is much better and has a much better overall feel. I use NFC heavily and was very happy to have that back, and with 32gb internal now I have plenty of app space with a 32gb microsd for media. It worked out well for us, as my wife took my og maxx and we retired her bionic (on the day of ICS rollout, lol). The radios, battery, screen, nfc and build quality sold me on this. I have had alot of android devices, and every one of them I have rooted and flashed roms but becoming more and more busy in my daily life I need a device that can keep up and doesn't need tinkering... this is that phone.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I dont have a Maxx but a RAZR. And I didnt expect this...but I agree the screen is much better on the Maxx HD with blacks, whites, brightness.