Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 106
Like Tree13Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX


    ??
  2. #52  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    To unroot your phone you can use Superuser or another app like that to unroot you phone. Should be somewhere in the settings. Why would you want to unroot it thought? Just leave it rooted, won't harm anything really.
  3. #53  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    re this new method, I've followed the instructions up to the point where it says to follow the onscreen instructions. Running the Utility, it says press any key to continue. One I press a key the window closesand nothing else appears. where are the instructions or menu you're supposed to follow. Am I missing something?
  4. #54  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Quote Originally Posted by pilotbrett View Post
    re this new method, I've followed the instructions up to the point where it says to follow the onscreen instructions. Running the Utility, it says press any key to continue. One I press a key the window closesand nothing else appears. where are the instructions or menu you're supposed to follow. Am I missing something?
    What part are you on? Did you get to the part where you had to generate a bug report.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
  5. #55  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    What part are you on? Did you get to the part where you had to generate a bug report.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
    I generated a bug report I think it said failed
  6. #56  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    What part are you on? Did you get to the part where you had to generate a bug report.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
    At the initial screen after you run the Bat file, it said to continue hit any key. I did this and that window closed. no other screen or instructions popped up. How long does it take for the instructions or anything(part where you had to generate a bug report)
    to pop up?
  7. #57  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Quote Originally Posted by codysanbor View Post
    I generated a bug report I think it said failed
    Are you on the updated OS, the 6mb OTA? If so, you wont be able to generate a bug report and therefore wont be able to root your phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by pilotbrett View Post
    At the initial screen after you run the Bat file, it said to continue hit any key. I did this and that window closed. no other screen or instructions popped up. How long does it take for the instructions or anything(part where you had to generate a bug report)
    to pop up?
    That's weird. I just tried it and worked fine for me. Possibly a bad download?
  8. #58  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Hey guys,

    finally bought an SD Card, placed .zip file on SD Card and followed all instructions

    USB Debugging enabled
    protect root
    temporary unroot
    updated binaries

    then when to install update from external SD Card and I get this error

    -- Install /sdcard..
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prob", "ro.build.fingerprint")
    == "motorola/XT926_verizon/vanquish:4.0.4/7.7.1Q-144_VQW_S33425-2/3:user/release-keys"
    E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

    No idea why and cant figure it out. I don't have the 6MB update as it broke my root so I used AP Fastboot to restore to out of box version.
  9. #59  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    i just had the same problem. used ota rootkeeper to protect root, temp unroot, installed ota update, restored root and tested it, temp unroot, and tryed jb update. got pass the error and it is now installing
  10. #60  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    and it works great
  11. #61  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Sweet Dre051288,

    currently trying now, has made it past the error. will update if all goes well.

    Again, thanks a lot.


    edit, it is working and rooted. Awesome
    Last edited by rightushook; 11-22-2012 at 03:38 PM.
  12. #62  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Great glad to hear it worked for you.

    Is there any way to get clockwork mod recovery on the RAZR maxx HD, I would like to make a nanodroid backup
  13. #63  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Quote Originally Posted by revtech View Post
    Ok, so maybe what I heard was in reference to phones that were rooted then modded with a custom rom.

    Is a rooted phone any more susceptible/vulnerable to a virus/malware attack because its "opened up"?
    Yes.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
  14. #64  
    mighty14's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

    Default Re: [Guide] RAZR MAXX HD Root Method

    I have downloaded the Mac version but there are no instructions to proceed further and there is no Razr Utility.bat in the mac version please help
  15. #65  

    Default Re: [Guide] RAZR MAXX HD Root Method

    when i click on the batakang link it comes back saying web page is unavailable in chrome and in IE, did it get blocked?
  16. #66  

    Default Re: [Guide] RAZR MAXX HD Root Method

    was able to do the old way as I wasn't on the latest OTA update, verified it worked by installing a root app which worked, now how do I unroot it?
    Last edited by outlaw08; 11-28-2012 at 03:57 PM.
  17. #67  

    Default Re: [Guide] RAZR MAXX HD Root Method

    I can't follow the link to download the utility from Matt's website. When I click the link it says the page doesn't exist.

    Any ideas?
  18. #68  
    jlibis's Avatar

    Posts
    373 Posts
    ROM
    CM10 M1

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    To unroot your phone you can use Superuser or another app like that to unroot you phone. Should be somewhere in the settings. Why would you want to unroot it thought? Just leave it rooted, won't harm anything really.
    I've been wondering where you've been and here I see you in droid razr maxx HD forum.....tisk tisk....COME BACK!!

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  19. #69  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    To unroot your phone you can use Superuser or another app like that to unroot you phone. Should be somewhere in the settings. Why would you want to unroot it thought? Just leave it rooted, won't harm anything really.
    I have gone through the entire settings and don't see an unroot option, is that an option that the elite superuser can do? also, how do you get rid of SU aka unroot the phone? it becomes a system application and is protected, I am using root browse to delete apps is there a better app out there?
  20. #70  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Links seems to be dead Can any email me the files?

    Thanks
  21. #71  
    jphillips1963's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Ok I have tried two different types of roots and neither one seems to work on my new Razr maxx HD I did the one where I hold the power and vol up and felt the vibrate and it would never do anything, then I purchased the one click root setup and I get the superoneclick not responding. So I'm at a total loss here anyhelp would be appreciated.

    James
  22. #72  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Quote Originally Posted by scottm3 View Post
    Links seems to be dead Can any email me the files?

    Thanks
    Same here please
  23. #73  
    jphillips1963's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Has the Dev support already died on this phone?

    I still can not get mine to root, the one click root I've now gotten it to go as far as step #7 and then it freezes up and does nothing. The other root method when I press the power and volume up key at same time I get the vibrate but nothing happens after that. Yes debug mode is set and my phone has the new update.
    Even over on xda I'm not seeing much going on in the way of roots well except some for the developer series.
    Any help on getting this rooted sure would be nice.

    Thanks James
  24. #74  

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips63 View Post
    Has the Dev support already died on this phone?

    I still can not get mine to root, the one click root I've now gotten it to go as far as step #7 and then it freezes up and does nothing. The other root method when I press the power and volume up key at same time I get the vibrate but nothing happens after that. Yes debug mode is set and my phone has the new update.
    Even over on xda I'm not seeing much going on in the way of roots well except some for the developer series.
    Any help on getting this rooted sure would be nice.

    Thanks James
    Before you start off, increase the volume on the phone...when you are prompted to push the power and volume up buttons you will get one short vibrate then about 5 second after two quick ones...you should be all set after that.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
  25. #75  
    jphillips1963's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

    Default Re: [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX

    Quote Originally Posted by rsntial View Post
    Before you start off, increase the volume on the phone...when you are prompted to push the power and volume up buttons you will get one short vibrate then about 5 second after two quick ones...you should be all set after that.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Thanks for the info, once I get the two sets of vibrates what do I do from that point? I've felt those but nothing has prompted me to do anything from there.

    Sent From my Droid RAZR Max HD using Tapatalk 2
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Guide] Root and/or Load JB on RAZR HD & HD MAXX
    By Cyber Warrior in forum Droid RAZR HD
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 06:13 PM
  2. [GUIDE] Disabling Apps/Bloat on RAZR MAXX HD
    By creccaj1 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 10:04 PM
  3. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 08:48 PM
  4. Can Razr Maxx be rooted same as Razr?
    By reyxlp in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 10:41 PM

Posting Permissions