SanDisk Ultra 64GB in my maxx hd

moesboy

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello,looks like its going to be a great site,my question is I just bought a razr maxx hd and want to add memory and want to no if I can put in a SanDisk Ultra 64GB SDXC UHS-I Class 10 Flash Memory Card,I no it's over kill but thats what I want.I noticed they had one that was a sdhc but not sure what it means.
Thanks

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
HC is High Capacity. XC is Extended Capacity. Most 64GB cards are XC because HC usually tops out at 32GB.

It shouldn't matter, but make sure it's a MicroSD card. The description you give is ambiguous and could be a full-size card. Other than watching for that, you should be fine.

moesboy

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
HC is High Capacity. XC is Extended Capacity. Most 64GB cards are XC because HC usually tops out at 32GB.
S153-6401_chiclet01_aa_2239922.jpg
It shouldn't matter, but make sure it's a MicroSD card. The description you give is ambiguous and could be a full-size card. Other than watching for that, you should be fine.
This is the name of the card,SanDisk Ultra 64GB SDXC UHS-I Class 10 Flash Memory Card - SDSDU-064G-A11 but I think your right and you just saved me $51.00,now I have to start again.

virgil71468

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
This is the name of the card,SanDisk Ultra 64GB SDXC UHS-I Class 10 Flash Memory Card - SDSDU-064G-A11 but I think your right and you just saved me $51.00,now I have to start again.

Where can i find a 64 micro for my maxx? Vzw?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

moesboy

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Amazon SuperSaver shipping is free.
Don't you have to apply for a credit card to get that deal,it's just that I have over $700.00 in my account at paypal for this kind of stuff that I buy online.They take $30.00 every other week.I'm going to ebay.
THANK'S

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't you have to apply for a credit card to get that deal,it's just that I have over $700.00 in my account at paypal for this kind of stuff that I buy online.They take $30.00 every other week.I'm going to ebay.
THANK'S

To get the free super saver shipping on Amazon, thier only requirement is that your order be over $25.00 and that the item qualifies for super saver shipping. If the item qualifies in will be stated when you pull up the item.

I use super saver shipping every chance I get cuz I live in Hawaii and shipping is a killer without it.

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
THANK'S
I don't understand much of this post, but will second what dirkbonn said. The Amazon link above shows the $59.38 card is eligible for free SuperSaver shipping. It may take a day or two longer to arrive, but it's free. In real-world terms, most of the dozens of items I've bought with SuperSaver shipping come by the beginning of the estimated delivery range. Factor in the gas to get to even local stores, and it's hard to beat Amazon.

gps4213

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I did not see any one reporting that the Razr Maxx HD will only support up TO 32 and a 64 will not work. If any one really gets a 64 to work I would love to know how you did it.

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Go ahead, but those specific cards (the red/gray ones) are in famous for having issues with phones. I've had one before, and it was the right size, and just about as fast as anything I've ever seen before, it would disconnect and reconnect all day long.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Go ahead, but those specific cards (the red/gray ones) are in famous for having issues with phones. I've had one before, and it was the right size, and just about as fast as anything I've ever seen before, it would disconnect and reconnect all day long.

Any card will do that if it's not seated properly. When you install the card press it into its slot until it clicks.

That said, I avoid Sandisk because they have a proprietary encryption scheme that can cause formatting problems. I also am using a 32 GB card because the documentation says that's the limit.

People have posted that they are using 64 GB cards with no problems and I think at least one said he let the phone format the card. I don't know if it was a Sandisk. I had all kinds of problems with a Sandisk 64 GB USB 3 thumb drive so I avoided 64 GB on the phone but I recognize that other users have them working.

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Well i went back to my old card and it worked, but the SanDisk worked in the computer, and read the reviews, other people have the exact same problem as me. It isn't always user error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20