Where is Jelly Bean?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
It was going to be asked sooner or later so I thought I would go ahead and get it started. Oh and I want 4.2

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It was going to be asked sooner or later so I thought I would go ahead and get it started. Oh and I want 4.2

. . . and why wouldn't you want 4.2, lol! I agree though. This phone should have been released with 4.1 considering the release date. Moto's web site says by year end. We shall see!

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I heard from my slacker brothers, airheaded girlfriend, who knows this guy who is doing her sister, whose uncle cleans the stock room at a verizon store that it will be out Octember 32nd. You can take that to the bank.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I heard from my slacker brothers, airheaded girlfriend, who knows this guy who is doing her sister, whose uncle cleans the stock room at a verizon store that it will be out Octember 32nd. You can take that to the bank.

I love solid info!! One more day!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Last I knew the easter bunny had all the jelly beans and he's not due back for a while...sorry I couldn't resist.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Ahhhh, another "trusted source". How can you not "bet the farm" on that?

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

That is the smartest thing I have ever heard any one say about anything ever!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
. . . and why wouldn't you want 4.2, lol! I agree though. This phone should have been released with 4.1 considering the release date. Moto's web site says by year end. We shall see!

I do not get it, they had Jelly Bean on the demos when they had during the road show in early September. That gives Motorola and Verizon 8 weeks to test the software now. So my questions is what is the hold up? With Google owning Motorola there should not be any delay between the GN receiving updates and the Droid Maxx HD.

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
With Google owning Motorola there should not be any delay between the GN receiving updates and the Droid Maxx HD.

You read this a lot. In fact, for business and probably legal reasons, Google has to be careful not to favor Motorola Mobility over other partners. They really have to run it as an autonomous company that is just one of many business partners. They don't want Samsung rethinking their commitment to Android and they certainly don't want Samsung and the FTC on the same side of an anti-trust action against them.

umbertob

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that Google wants its Nexus 4 handset with Jelly Bean to grab all of the spotlight when it launches in a couple of weeks, before releasing the new operating system to Motorola's recently introduced phones such as our Maxx HD.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Look folks, it'll be here when it gets here. We've all got solid phones as it is. Bask in our battery life.

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I do not get it, they had Jelly Bean on the demos when they had during the road show in early September. That gives Motorola and Verizon 8 weeks to test the software now. So my questions is what is the hold up? With Google owning Motorola there should not be any delay between the GN receiving updates and the Droid Maxx HD.

My Guess is that the JB that was being used on the demo phones back in September was not the finished product. A beta version as it were.

I'll have to go along with HES, We've got a solid phone and it has a battery that is a beast! I had the extended battery in my Droid X and was very happy with it performance. But my Maxx HD is head and shoulders above it. I'm a light to medium user and have zero problems going 2+ days and many times not needing a charge even then.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
You do not need to be rooted. You just download the file, put it on your sd card external1 and rename the file to update.zip.

Boot into recovery and run the update. I am doing in right now. On XDA and droid life they have successfully been able to sbf back to ics so whats stopping you?

dirkbonn

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Here's a link to the Motorola website that has a chart showing the upgrade schedule for all Motorola phones. (since it's the motorola website it is somewhat official)

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

The USA version of the Razr Maxx HD is scheduled to get Jelly Bean "before 2013". (Motorolas words) The webpage was updated on Oct 31st, 2012. But there is also a disclaimer that says "all dates and status are subject to change."

My general feeling is that the Maxx HD will also get 4.2 sometime in the first half of 2013. (Just a guess though)

gadgetjunkie89

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You do not need to be rooted. You just download the file, put it on your sd card external1 and rename the file to update.zip.

Boot into recovery and run the update. I am doing in right now. On XDA and droid life they have successfully been able to sbf back to ics so whats stopping you?
Thanks for the correction. I'm going to check it out!

Edit: update was a success! It looks like a keeper. Will update if I encounter any issues, but for now I like this one.

Last edited:

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the correction. I'm going to check it out!

Edit: update was a success! It looks like a keeper. Will update if I encounter any issues, but for now I like this one.

I can not believe more people have not taken the plunge, it could not be any easier to update unless it was pushed from VZW. I am loving my JB