Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Where is Jelly Bean?

It was going to be asked sooner or later so I thought I would go ahead and get it started. Oh and I want 4.2

Default Re: Where is Jelly Bean?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckG73 View Post
    It was going to be asked sooner or later so I thought I would go ahead and get it started. Oh and I want 4.2
    . . . and why wouldn't you want 4.2, lol! I agree though. This phone should have been released with 4.1 considering the release date. Moto's web site says by year end. We shall see!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

I heard from my slacker brothers, airheaded girlfriend, who knows this guy who is doing her sister, whose uncle cleans the stock room at a verizon store that it will be out Octember 32nd. You can take that to the bank.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    I heard from my slacker brothers, airheaded girlfriend, who knows this guy who is doing her sister, whose uncle cleans the stock room at a verizon store that it will be out Octember 32nd. You can take that to the bank.
    I love solid info!! One more day!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Looking for some Android knowledge...
    dangrimm9687 likes this.

Last I knew the easter bunny had all the jelly beans and he's not due back for a while...sorry I couldn't resist.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    harer4911 likes this.

Ahhhh, another "trusted source". How can you not "bet the farm" on that?
    dirkbonn
    The government can't give you anything until it first takes it from someone else.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

That is the smartest thing I have ever heard any one say about anything ever!
    hell_on_heels likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    . . . and why wouldn't you want 4.2, lol! I agree though. This phone should have been released with 4.1 considering the release date. Moto's web site says by year end. We shall see!
    I do not get it, they had Jelly Bean on the demos when they had during the road show in early September. That gives Motorola and Verizon 8 weeks to test the software now. So my questions is what is the hold up? With Google owning Motorola there should not be any delay between the GN receiving updates and the Droid Maxx HD.

With Google owning Motorola there should not be any delay between the GN receiving updates and the Droid Maxx HD.
    You read this a lot. In fact, for business and probably legal reasons, Google has to be careful not to favor Motorola Mobility over other partners. They really have to run it as an autonomous company that is just one of many business partners. They don't want Samsung rethinking their commitment to Android and they certainly don't want Samsung and the FTC on the same side of an anti-trust action against them.

My guess is that Google wants its Nexus 4 handset with Jelly Bean to grab all of the spotlight when it launches in a couple of weeks, before releasing the new operating system to Motorola's recently introduced phones such as our Maxx HD.
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Look folks, it'll be here when it gets here. We've all got solid phones as it is. Bask in our battery life.

I do not get it, they had Jelly Bean on the demos when they had during the road show in early September. That gives Motorola and Verizon 8 weeks to test the software now. So my questions is what is the hold up? With Google owning Motorola there should not be any delay between the GN receiving updates and the Droid Maxx HD.
    My Guess is that the JB that was being used on the demo phones back in September was not the finished product. A beta version as it were.

I'll have to go along with HES, We've got a solid phone and it has a battery that is a beast! I had the extended battery in my Droid X and was very happy with it performance. But my Maxx HD is head and shoulders above it. I'm a light to medium user and have zero problems going 2+ days and many times not needing a charge even then.
    dirkbonn
    The government can't give you anything until it first takes it from someone else.

An unofficial build of 4.1 JB has leaked.

Personally, I'll wait for the official build. I'm extra cautious with brand new phones until I've had them a year!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetjunkie89 View Post
    An unofficial build of 4.1 JB has leaked.

Personally, I'll wait for the official build. I'm extra cautious with brand new phones until I've had them a year!
    How can I install this? I am stock and only have a chromebook:?

How can I install this? I am stock and only have a chromebook:?
    Droid life has . You must be rooted and willing to accept a risk of your phone bricking or inability to flash back to stock ICS.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You do not need to be rooted. You just download the file, put it on your sd card external1 and rename the file to update.zip.

Boot into recovery and run the update. I am doing in right now. On XDA and droid life they have successfully been able to sbf back to ics so whats stopping you?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wow there is butter all over my phone, so smooth and fast. Now all I need is Google Wallet

Here's a link to the Motorola website that has a chart showing the upgrade schedule for all Motorola phones. (since it's the motorola website it is somewhat official)

The USA version of the Razr Maxx HD is scheduled to get Jelly Bean "before 2013". (Motorolas words) The webpage was updated on Oct 31st, 2012. But there is also a disclaimer that says "all dates and status are subject to change."

My general feeling is that the Maxx HD will also get 4.2 sometime in the first half of 2013. (Just a guess though)
    dirkbonn

You do not need to be rooted. You just download the file, put it on your sd card external1 and rename the file to update.zip.

Boot into recovery and run the update. I am doing in right now. On XDA and droid life they have successfully been able to sbf back to ics so whats stopping you?
    Thanks for the correction. I'm going to check it out!

Edit: update was a success! It looks like a keeper. Will update if I encounter any issues, but for now I like this one.
    Last edited by gadgetjunkie89; 11-03-2012 at 01:24 PM.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetjunkie89 View Post
    Thanks for the correction. I'm going to check it out!

Edit: update was a success! It looks like a keeper. Will update if I encounter any issues, but for now I like this one.

I can not believe more people have not taken the plunge, it could not be any easier to update unless it was pushed from VZW. I am loving my JB
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Foxfi not working in Jelly Bean nor is SVTP...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I can not believe more people have not taken the plunge, it could not be any easier to update unless it was pushed from VZW. I am loving my JB
    Same here. I have experienced no issues since updating a couple days ago. Loving those little updates to the notification tray and playing around with Google Now.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Foxfi not working in Jelly Bean nor is SVTP...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    I was about to pull the trigger on this, but the lack of FoxFi would be a deal breaker for me. I nee it too much. Still, I can't wait for a final release.

I saw rumors that Google Wallet was supposed to be enabled with JB on the Razr HD. Can anyone who loaded this confirm? I'm not holding my breath, it isn't like JB magically makes Verizon not want to block it...

I can't

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast