Anyone here come from the Galaxy Nexus?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping for the Nexus4 but its not coming to Verizon so I'm considering the Maxx HD for its long battery life since more and more phones seem to be coming out with a non-removable battery. And also since it has a GSM antenna.

So if you've come from a Nexus, how do you like this one compared to it? I'll have to go down an OS since I have my Nexus rooted with JB and there don't seem to be any options for rooting this one yet.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
The Razr Maxx HD can already be rooted, FYI.

But yes, I too am considering leaving the GNex for a Razr Maxx and would like to know what everyone thinks. Thanks!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I came from the Galaxy Nexus and have only missed two things.....JB and Google Wallet. Would I go back to the GN...Nope!!! I am in the mind frame that the closest thing we have to a Nexus on VZW is the Motorola Line up.

HighOnHops

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 lines, the MAXX HD and my GNex. Honestly, the battery life alone makes the switch worth it. The MAXX HD is mostly a stock feel with a few tweaks, so the switch is not too bad. I do miss the expandable notifications and google now, but really haven't really used the GNex since. When 4.2 is released to AOSP and my ROMs of choice are updated will likely be the next time I use it.

steevereeno

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I left my GNex for a Maxx HD and am never looking back. I slapped Nova Prime on it and it runs as fast and smoothly as my GNex did with Jelly Bean. I can't wait for JB to come out for the Maxx HD. I The battery life is beyond incredible. I consistently get 8 hours of screen on time before I have to find a charger. The speaker and signal strength are also both vastly superior to the Nexus.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 lines, the MAXX HD and my GNex. Honestly, the battery life alone makes the switch worth it. The MAXX HD is mostly a stock feel with a few tweaks, so the switch is not too bad. I do miss the expandable notifications and google now, but really haven't really used the GNex since. When 4.2 is released to AOSP and my ROMs of choice are updated will likely be the next time I use it.

I came from the Galaxy Nexus and have only missed two things.....JB and Google Wallet. Would I go back to the GN...Nope!!! I am in the mind frame that the closest thing we have to a Nexus on VZW is the Motorola Line up.

Did both of you have the regular or extended battery on your GN? I have the larger battery on it, but am still looking forward to the increased battery life. I think my extended battery is similar to the mAH on my GN extended battery.

And how are the ROMS these days for the RMHD? Are there decent ones yet? I will miss some of the JB features.

cammy9

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Galaxy Nexus as well, and as others have stated, the only thing I miss is JB. In my opinion, there is a slight bit of lag present on the Maxx, but hopefully this will be resolved with the promised update. I'm loving the Maxx HD so far. I'm getting much better signal reception than with the GNex. The Maxx HD consistently pulls a strong 4G signal is places where the GNex could barely get 3G. The battery difference goes without saying. I was having to charge the Galaxy Nexus every 5 to 6 hours (2100mAh battery) and I don't consider myself a power user at all. Since I got the Maxx HD, I have not even touched my spare charger at work or my car charger.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Did both of you have the regular or extended battery on your GN? I have the larger battery on it, but am still looking forward to the increased battery life. I think my extended battery is similar to the mAH on my GN extended battery.

And how are the ROMS these days for the RMHD? Are there decent ones yet? I will miss some of the JB features.

I had a regular battery and a battery charger and was swapping batteries daily. My wife was going through three batteries a day. Now I am up at 5 in the AM and have plenty of battery when I go to bed at 10 PM.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I just jumped from the GNex to the Maxx HD literally today... Not really a plan, but my GNex Power?Wake button is dead. I cannot turn the phone on or wake the screen when I finally get it on. It was very disappointing. I went in hoping to get a brand new Nexus, but they claimed I had water damage which is complete horse ...It has never been wet, maybe from sweat in my pocket. Anyway I had a line upgrade and my biggest gripe about the Gnex is by 2-3PM I am searching for a charger. Because of this I figured Id try a the Maxx HD. I literally just got back with it and I am very intrigued to see how this battery will change my life.

I do miss JB and notice this is a bit more laggy then the GNex. The Maxx HD is a great piece of hardware to the feel and is pretty much stock ICS. I think the camera is a bit better...I will check back in in a few days of playing with it but so far so good.

By the way... I must be stupid, but how come I cannot remove the labels from the apps in my launcher i.e. Chrome and Phone... I do not want the words under the icon...HELP!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm