Razr Maxx HD: Anyone else thing the notification light is too big/bright?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I liked the subtle light on my Nexus. It was on the bottom so when it was in my pocket I could just slightly slide the phone up a little out of my pocket and see if it was blinking. This phone has it on the top. I was in a restaurant tonight and it started flashing for an email. The thing was like a bright strobe light in the restaurant. Finally had to flip the phone over on the table.

Last edited by a moderator:

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone else thing the notification light is too big/bright?

do you have the lightflow app that lets you customize colors? maybe there is a setting where it could be a color that is less obnoxious for you, or a toggle to turn it off easily?
Anyone out there with lightflow know whether this is possible?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

My notification light doesn't even illuminate. So I cant complain or praise it. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I like it. I think it looks nice and easier to see if I miss the notification tone when I have an alert.

gadgetjunkie89

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

partially obscure it with something.
Maybe some masking tape?

Personally, I love my LED. But I can see where, for example, it would be disturbing in a dark room at your bedside when you want to sleep.
Edit: quick solution... turn the phone upside-down. ;)

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

i love it! it is a NOTIFICATION light ya know ;) i can definitely see merit to a dimmer function based on time (for night time) or a meeting/presentation button.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site

Yes. And I like it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

i love it! it is a NOTIFICATION light ya know ;) i can definitely see merit to a dimmer function based on time (for night time) or a meeting/presentation button.

I agree. It would be great if there was a dimmer function for when you needed it.

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

I use light flow and only have the led blink when I get text messages. You can also turn all led notifications off in its settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

moesboy

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Ah, thanks! Still wish there was a way to just make it a little dimmer or more subtle I guess.
are you serious man,who cares about a light is it that important to you put a piece of black tape over it.it's there to notify people that they missed a call or text & emails

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

are you serious man,who cares about a light is it that important to you put a piece of black tape over it.it's there to notify people that they missed a call or text & emails

Yes man, although I'm becoming less annoyed by it. The place it really annoyed me in comparison to my Gnex was in a darker restaurant where the phone was sitting on the table. It was like a lighthouse beacon in there. I'm not putting tape over it. I don't want to get rid of it all together - still want the functionality of it, I just want it to be a little less intrusive at times. Hence the idea of a dimmer would be nice.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Having had multiple Moto phones, a G Nex, and a Rezound....I like the notification light on the Maxx HD. I felt it wasnt bright enough on the G Nex, and it was too small on the Rezound. I liked that it was big on the G Nex, and I liked that it was bright on the Rezound.

I like my notification light as bright as possible. I think with Light Flow you can use softer, dimmer colors? That may help.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I like it bright but small. Naked led is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair