1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What are the chances of the Razr HD line getting 4.2 when released "before year end"??

Do you think this is why they delayed JB on launch? Maybe they knew 4.2 was very close to implementation? Am I dreaming? I'm hoping we get 4.2 since were promised the upgrade before year end and they should be able to add it in. Is that asking for too much?

Default Re: What are the chances of the Razr HD line getting 4.2 when released "before year end"??

I was actually hoping for the same thing. Knowing verizon I'm not going to hold my breath. But with it being a top tier phone theyre going to try to push for the holidays..maybe we'll it?
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,598 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Default Re: What are the chances of the Razr HD line getting 4.2 when released "before year end"??

Just hope for the best. All you can do. I was in belief that the HD was shipping with 4.1. I was surprised to see 4.0.4 when I looked. I'm still very happy with ICS. Its worlds better than gingerbread ever was. It's always nice to be on the latest release though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

I doubt it. Especially now that 4.1 has leaked. I don't think Motorola would just trash the work they did on 4.1 to start over on 4.2.
    Thanked by:
    Who? 

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Are there 4.1 roms around to flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    Are there 4.1 roms around to flash?
    There was an article on AC with links to what is needed either this morning or last night sometime.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjoforiam1 View Post
    Do you think this is why they delayed JB on launch? Maybe they knew 4.2 was very close to implementation? Am I dreaming? I'm hoping we get 4.2 since were promised the upgrade before year end and they should be able to add it in. Is that asking for too much?
    Not a chance, but you are thinking the way I think phone manufacturers should think. Instead of trying to upgrade every 0.1 upgrade, they should probably try to upgrade every 0.2, and use their resources accordingly. This way they're not working on upgrading every single phone all the time.

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Moose View Post
    There was an article on AC with links to what is needed either this morning or last night sometime.

Any chance you could point me towards it? I don't see it.

, what will be the big upgrade from what we have now to jelly bean if you're not using anything but stock

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Looking for some Android knowledge...

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    Any chance you could point me towards it? I don't see it.
    Couldn't find the article but here's the source. Looks like a non official build.

Here's a link to the Motorola website that has a chart showing the upgrade schedule for all Motorola phones. (since it's the motorola website it is somewhat official)

The USA version of the Razr Maxx HD is scheduled to get Jelly Bean "before 2013". (Motorolas words) The webpage was updated on Oct 31st, 2012. But there is also a disclaimer that says "all dates and status are subject to change."

My general feeling is that the Maxx HD will also get 4.2 sometime in the first half of 2013. (Just a guess though)
    dirkbonn
    The government can't give you anything until it first takes it from someone else.

That would be my guess too. I'm thinking 4.1 in December. 4.2 probably in March.