Anybody using a screen protector on their device and which would they recommend? I know I've seen good things about Zagg and Skinomi.
    11-02-2012 10:12 AM
    I have a 9 month old Razr Maxx and been going without the whole time. Just got my first scratch and no idea what did it. Not a large scratch but enough to bother me now:-)

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx
    11-02-2012 11:37 AM
    That's the other thing I was thinking about. I had my bionic for twelve months. Even after dropping it multiple times I ended up with only a tiny scratch which wasn't even noticeable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    11-02-2012 11:46 AM
    Have you seen the YT gorilla glass torture tests? I don't think you really need a protector.
    11-02-2012 01:14 PM
    I saw videos from mobile conference a few months ago. Pressure tests and all that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    11-02-2012 01:29 PM
    Had one on before I left the verizon store. Although it may not need it, it will keep the glass in place, should I drop it and the screen crack.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    11-02-2012 06:13 PM
    Never had an issue in 27 months with the Droid X without a screen protector so I'll be going naked.
    11-02-2012 06:32 PM
    I always use Zagg and really like them. I am waiting for them to release one for this phone. I turn my phones over pretty quick and sell them. It definitely helps resale value to have an unblemished device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-02-2012 07:23 PM
    I used Steinheil Ultra Crystal on my Droid X the whole timw I had it. Now I want the same for my Maxx HD but can't find it. Don't think they have released one yet. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
    11-02-2012 10:47 PM
    I used Steinheil Ultra Crystal on my Droid X the whole timw I had it. Now I want the same for my Maxx HD but can't find it. Don't think they have released one yet. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
    So get a 2 dollar Xtremeguard to hold you over. EBay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    sicario666 likes this.
    11-02-2012 11:38 PM
    I used the Steinheil ultra crystal on my old Droid X and loved it. Great feel, look, and scratch resistance. Haven't found it for my maxx HD yet but I hope they release it. I just installed a skinomi because it was the best alternative that I could find. So far I am very disappointed. The feel is terrible and hopefully it looks better in a few days. A little scary applying it wet. I've seen/felt the Zagg protector on a few phones and was unimpressed with the feel and especially the way it 'dulls' the screen.
    Also, the Gorilla Glass is scratch "resistant" not "proof". I had to return my first maxx HD because of a speaker defect and there were a few minor, but bothering, scratches on the screen and I never even dropped the phone. The glass is definitely tough but don't count on it standing up to everything for 2 years.
    12-30-2012 08:43 PM
    ZAGG here and always.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
    12-30-2012 09:38 PM
    I've got ZAGG but I don't like it. It feels kind of sticky, doesn't look good, and I feel like it takes away from the screen.

I haven't removed it yet because I'm superstitious (the second I remove it, SCRATCH), but I'll probably take it off soon. I went without one on my Casio Commando, and I never got any kind of scratch.

The one I have is this: Motorola Droid RAZR HD/RAZR Maxx HD Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG
    12-30-2012 10:19 PM
    I've got ZAGG but I don't like it. It feels kind of sticky, doesn't look good, and I feel like it takes away from the screen.

I haven't removed it yet because I'm superstitious (the second I remove it, SCRATCH), but I'll probably take it off soon. I went without one on my Casio Commando, and I never got any kind of scratch.

The one I have is this: Motorola Droid RAZR HD/RAZR Maxx HD Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG
    Can you post pictures of your phone with the screen protector on? I'm looking for a screen protector that is minimalist (no cutouts for sensors and FFC, ans has a smooth glass-like finish) to where you can't really tell there's a screen protector. I saw a friend of mine with an Evo 4G LTE that said he had a Zagg protector and it was like this.

Thanks man!
    01-28-2013 06:50 PM
    I use the zagg too. Seems like a popular choice.
    01-28-2013 06:55 PM
    i use one.
    I use the "PET" material protectors from eBay.
    not much difference between them except glossy vs. matte.
    Don't spend more than a couple of bucks for like 3 or 4.
    01-29-2013 12:31 PM
    You beat me to it. Had my X for about 28 months and initially tried the screen protectors but then got tired of them (could never de-bubbleize whole screen). No scratches on the X even though I completely abused it.
    01-30-2013 04:21 PM
    I will always use XOSKINS for my screen protectors.
    No sticky feeling or ripply look to it and the price is good too! if your interested I have a code they gave me for a shipping mishap with usps for 30% off my next order "cservice30"
    Dont think that code expires.
    Screen Protector | Screen Protectors | Shield | XO Skins
    01-30-2013 05:16 PM
    Air
    02-01-2013 10:16 AM
    There's a new Zagg "HD" screen protector that is very clear and very smooth. It doesn't have the tacky feel to the screen that the original Shields have. I put one on my RAZR MAXX HD and it is very smooth. It does show fingerprints, but it wipes clean easily.
    02-11-2013 10:26 AM