Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pblakk
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Protector

Anybody using a screen protector on their device and which would they recommend? I know I've seen good things about Zagg and Skinomi.

Default Re: Screen Protector

I have a 9 month old Razr Maxx and been going without the whole time. Just got my first scratch and no idea what did it. Not a large scratch but enough to bother me now:-)

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's the other thing I was thinking about. I had my bionic for twelve months. Even after dropping it multiple times I ended up with only a tiny scratch which wasn't even noticeable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Have you seen the YT gorilla glass torture tests? I don't think you really need a protector.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I saw videos from mobile conference a few months ago. Pressure tests and all that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Had one on before I left the verizon store. Although it may not need it, it will keep the glass in place, should I drop it and the screen crack.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Never had an issue in 27 months with the Droid X without a screen protector so I'll be going naked.

Default Screen Protector

I always use Zagg and really like them. I am waiting for them to release one for this phone. I turn my phones over pretty quick and sell them. It definitely helps resale value to have an unblemished device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

I used Steinheil Ultra Crystal on my Droid X the whole timw I had it. Now I want the same for my Maxx HD but can't find it. Don't think they have released one yet. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
    dirkbonn
    The government can't give you anything until it first takes it from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkbonn View Post
    I used Steinheil Ultra Crystal on my Droid X the whole timw I had it. Now I want the same for my Maxx HD but can't find it. Don't think they have released one yet. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
    So get a 2 dollar Xtremeguard to hold you over. EBay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    sicario666 likes this.

I used the Steinheil ultra crystal on my old Droid X and loved it. Great feel, look, and scratch resistance. Haven't found it for my maxx HD yet but I hope they release it. I just installed a skinomi because it was the best alternative that I could find. So far I am very disappointed. The feel is terrible and hopefully it looks better in a few days. A little scary applying it wet. I've seen/felt the Zagg protector on a few phones and was unimpressed with the feel and especially the way it 'dulls' the screen.
    Also, the Gorilla Glass is scratch "resistant" not "proof". I had to return my first maxx HD because of a speaker defect and there were a few minor, but bothering, scratches on the screen and I never even dropped the phone. The glass is definitely tough but don't count on it standing up to everything for 2 years.

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts

ZAGG here and always.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

I've got ZAGG but I don't like it. It feels kind of sticky, doesn't look good, and I feel like it takes away from the screen.

I haven't removed it yet because I'm superstitious (the second I remove it, SCRATCH), but I'll probably take it off soon. I went without one on my Casio Commando, and I never got any kind of scratch.

The one I have is this: Motorola Droid RAZR HD/RAZR Maxx HD Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

Quote Originally Posted by pegs520 View Post
    I've got ZAGG but I don't like it. It feels kind of sticky, doesn't look good, and I feel like it takes away from the screen.

I haven't removed it yet because I'm superstitious (the second I remove it, SCRATCH), but I'll probably take it off soon. I went without one on my Casio Commando, and I never got any kind of scratch.

The one I have is this: Motorola Droid RAZR HD/RAZR Maxx HD Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG
    Can you post pictures of your phone with the screen protector on? I'm looking for a screen protector that is minimalist (no cutouts for sensors and FFC, ans has a smooth glass-like finish) to where you can't really tell there's a screen protector. I saw a friend of mine with an Evo 4G LTE that said he had a Zagg protector and it was like this.

Thanks man!

I use the zagg too. Seems like a popular choice.

i use one.
    I use the "PET" material protectors from eBay.
    not much difference between them except glossy vs. matte.
    Don't spend more than a couple of bucks for like 3 or 4.

You beat me to it. Had my X for about 28 months and initially tried the screen protectors but then got tired of them (could never de-bubbleize whole screen). No scratches on the X even though I completely abused it.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

I will always use XOSKINS for my screen protectors.
    No sticky feeling or ripply look to it and the price is good too! if your interested I have a code they gave me for a shipping mishap with usps for 30% off my next order "cservice30"
    Dont think that code expires.
    Screen Protector | Screen Protectors | Shield | XO Skins

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Air
    What does this button d

There's a new Zagg "HD" screen protector that is very clear and very smooth. It doesn't have the tacky feel to the screen that the original Shields have. I put one on my RAZR MAXX HD and it is very smooth. It does show fingerprints, but it wipes clean easily.