Chrome Bookmarks

ajc312

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I understand that all you want to do is remove the Verizon bookmarks from your Chrome browser. The App called com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks is what's inserting those Verizon bookmarks into your Chrome browser. If you disable that app it should solve your problem. I've done it on my RAZR MAXX HD running stock Jelly Bean. If disabling com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks doesn't address your concerns, let us know and we'll see if we can't figure it out.

tribeventure

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you ajc312. I accomplished what you explained and as you stated, the bookmarks are gone. Thanks so much for your assistance and even more, your patience.

I understand that all you want to do is remove the Verizon bookmarks from your Chrome browser. The App called com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks is what's inserting those Verizon bookmarks into your Chrome browser. If you disable that app it should solve your problem. I've done it on my RAZR MAXX HD running stock Jelly Bean. If disabling com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks doesn't address your concerns, let us know and we'll see if we can't figure it out.

GatsbyGlen

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine is still reset. It seems to use the last bookmark page you displayed. Make sure that you kill all tabs but the bookmark one so they don't cause the reset to the old setting. Then reset it and kill that tab.

A "make default" setting option would sure be nice.

This works for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Square85

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Once you're on Jelly bean disable the following app and you'll no longer see the Verizon bookmarks. Com.android.providers.partnersbookmarks

Thank you! So annoying to have it pop up on my phone and know it's strictly a Verizon thing as its not on my Chrome browser on my computer or on my Nexus 7.

jasguild

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Well this is all nice and good BUT is it possible to delete not just the provider bookmarks but also the WHOLE mobile bookmark folder.

What I am trying to accomplish is to make my desktop bookmark folder the default.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay