mod to reduce the size of the navbar?

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting the MAXX HD for the battery life, but I'm not crazy about the amount of screen space that the navbar takes up. Do you think there will be a hack soon to reduce the number of pixels they use? I've never rooted/modded w/e before, but I understand this is something that was done with the on-screen navbar on the Galaxy Nexus.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it but I agree with you. I wish nav bar were totally transparent with just the 3 icons on bottom. They could change color on white screens.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Give it some time. Once development gets rolling. There will more than likely be a navbar resize zip flash. I don't like the size of it either but its not enough for me to not love the device.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Give it some time. Once development gets rolling. There will more than likely be a navbar resize zip flash. I don't like the size of it either but its not enough for me to not love the device.

Thanks. Do you think these forums are the best place to check back for information on that?

I'm on the fence about this phone. It's one of the final ones I'm considering, because battery life uber alles - if I can use the phone all I want with LTE and GPS turned on all the time, that adds more to the experience than most other features or more cutting edge specs. I also like Motorola's mods to the OS - the swipe-to-the-left settings screen, circles widget, etc. The main drawbacks for me are the camera and the amount of space the navbar takes up.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. Do you think these forums are the best place to check back for information on that?

I'm on the fence about this phone. It's one of the final ones I'm considering, because battery life uber alles - if I can use the phone all I want with LTE and GPS turned on all the time, that adds more to the experience than most other features or more cutting edge specs. I also like Motorola's mods to the OS - the swipe-to-the-left settings screen, circles widget, etc. The main drawbacks for me are the camera and the amount of space the navbar takes up.

Android central is awesome for general info and getting questions answered. If you want development the best place to look is xda or rootzwiki. Personally I won't post much on xda due to the fact that there are an extreme amount of trolls and a-holes. Rootzwiki is another awesome community with an extreme base of helpful users. As for the camera. It seems to be more of a software issue. Once development goes viral :D. I'm sure one of the devs will throw in a revised and maybe the latest jelly bean camera.

It's all a matter of time. Just be patient.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I hope someone writes an ICS rom with transparent nav and status bars. I don't want to sacrifice flash player to get jb.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463