1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does anyone know where to find the alarm ringers in the internal memory?

I know how to set the alarm ringer. What I want to do is add some custom ringers to the file that are louder, but I can't find where they are in my phone.

I did find the phone call ringtones and added about a dozen custom ringers there so that I can tell who's calling by the incoming call ringtone. For example, when my daughter calls who is going to college in California calls, I have the song by the Beach Boys "California Girls" play.

But I'd like a louder alarm ringer instead of the "anemic" ringers they have pre-installed.

Any assistatance will be much appreciated.
    dirkbonn
    The government can't give you anything until it first takes it from someone else.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default Re: Does anyone know where to find the alarm ringers in the internal memory?

there's a folder called "Alarms" where you can place additional ring tones to be used as alarm tones. you can use any file-manager app to place your ring tones in there, connect your phone to a PC to copy them over or use an app like Zedge to download additional alarms.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Does anyone know where to find the alarm ringers in the internal memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Swavek View Post
    there's a folder called "Alarms" where you can place additional ring tones to be used as alarm tones. you can use any file-manager app to place your ring tones in there, connect your phone to a PC to copy them over or use an app like Zedge to download additional alarms.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Yes I saw that folder but there was nothing in it so I dismissed that as a possibility. I want to thank you very much for the quick reply. Now that I think about it, what you say sounds extremely logical.

Just fyi, I plan on using "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" cuz it's loud and worked very well for me on my "X".

Thanks again.
    dirkbonn
    The government can't give you anything until it first takes it from someone else.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Worked like a dream. I bet I looked for an answer to my question yesterday for at least an hour and a half if not more.

Now I'm just patiently waiting for the release of my next smartphone sometime in the Summer of 2014!
    dirkbonn