Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jpr196's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

    Default Silly Question about Text Message App

    In the native text message app, how do you get your picture to show up for yourself? My profile in the People App has a picture which is where it seems to pull it from for other contacts. The only reason I care is because the native sms app doesn't display a name or anything so it's hard to immediately identify which message belongs to who.
  2. #2  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Silly Question about Text Message App

    Make a contact for yourself and use a picture, or sync your Facebook to it

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    jpr196's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

    Default Re: Silly Question about Text Message App

    Thanks I have a contact created with a photo. I actually just tried to send a text to myself as a test with that contact and while the text worked it doesn't show the picture. It's not that big of a deal..just couldn't figure out why it shows others but not my own.
  4. #4  
    sicario666's Avatar
    AndroidSkull

    Posts
    3,379 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

    Default Re: Silly Question about Text Message App

    Same here. I can't figure out how to make it happen. Normally you can select your icon to change the photo. Not this time around. I have myself already set up as a contact within my Google account. I'm still seeing the generic photo.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  5. #5  
    piizzadude's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

    Default Re: Silly Question about Text Message App

    Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Same here. I can't figure out how to make it happen. Normally you can select your icon to change the photo. Not this time around. I have myself already set up as a contact within my Google account. I'm still seeing the generic photo.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    Do you have your phone number right 555-555-5555, not 555-5555

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  
    jtruchon's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default Re: Silly Question about Text Message App

    Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Do you have your phone number right 555-555-5555, not 555-5555

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I have the same problem...my picture does not show up, even when I send myself a txt message. I do have my full (10 digit) number listed in a contact for myself.

    Thanks

    JohnT
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    jpr196's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

    Default Re: Silly Question about Text Message App

    Just want to let everyone know I finally figured this out the other day when browsing around the people app. At the top of the People App is an entry called "Me". This is where you setup your icon, etc and then it will appear in the text message app.
  8. #8  
    erjennin's Avatar

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 (Stock)

    Default Re: Silly Question about Text Message App

    Quote Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
    In the native text message app, how do you get your picture to show up for yourself? My profile in the People App has a picture which is where it seems to pull it from for other contacts. The only reason I care is because the native sms app doesn't display a name or anything so it's hard to immediately identify which message belongs to who.
    I downloaded Haxsync and use that to sync all of my pictures. The pics are higher resolution and I haven no issues. It also has an option to add Facebook calendar events to the native calendar app. Definitely worth the $1-2 .

Similar Threads

  1. Another question about text messaging SORRY
    By Devils Advocate in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 06:26 AM
  2. question about text message settings
    By porsche_robey in forum AT&T Inspire 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 03:10 PM
  3. Question about text messages
    By anicholas7 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 08:43 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 02:18 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

B