Silly Question about Text Message App

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
In the native text message app, how do you get your picture to show up for yourself? My profile in the People App has a picture which is where it seems to pull it from for other contacts. The only reason I care is because the native sms app doesn't display a name or anything so it's hard to immediately identify which message belongs to who.

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I have a contact created with a photo. I actually just tried to send a text to myself as a test with that contact and while the text worked it doesn't show the picture. It's not that big of a deal..just couldn't figure out why it shows others but not my own.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Same here. I can't figure out how to make it happen. Normally you can select your icon to change the photo. Not this time around. I have myself already set up as a contact within my Google account. I'm still seeing the generic photo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I can't figure out how to make it happen. Normally you can select your icon to change the photo. Not this time around. I have myself already set up as a contact within my Google account. I'm still seeing the generic photo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Do you have your phone number right 555-555-5555, not 555-5555

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jtruchon

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have your phone number right 555-555-5555, not 555-5555

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I have the same problem...my picture does not show up, even when I send myself a txt message. I do have my full (10 digit) number listed in a contact for myself.

Thanks

JohnT

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just want to let everyone know I finally figured this out the other day when browsing around the people app. At the top of the People App is an entry called "Me". This is where you setup your icon, etc and then it will appear in the text message app.

erjennin

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
In the native text message app, how do you get your picture to show up for yourself? My profile in the People App has a picture which is where it seems to pull it from for other contacts. The only reason I care is because the native sms app doesn't display a name or anything so it's hard to immediately identify which message belongs to who.

I downloaded Haxsync and use that to sync all of my pictures. The pics are higher resolution and I haven no issues. It also has an option to add Facebook calendar events to the native calendar app. Definitely worth the $1-2 .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary