perspective on the camera quality

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
When people say the camera is bad, what are they comparing it to? I have a Droid 2 with a crappy 5 megapixel camera, and I still take some nice pictures with it. Is the one on the RMHD bad compared to a camera like that, or is it just bad compared to a really good camera?

I mean, if I'm used to the Droid 2 camera and I start taking pictures with the RMHD, maybe I'll actually be happy with it. How does the camera quality here compare to older Motorola phones?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Comparison usually comes from one device to the next. With a top end android device you expect good hardware as well as stable software. If you came from a DROID 2. I would hope the camera would be better.

Now I've had a nexus. An s3. And a razr maxx. The quality of the nexus camera wasn't bad. Considering I'm not a photographer. It snapped pic after pic really fast. The s3 had an awesome camera. 8mp and they snapped just as fast as the nexus. The razr maxx was OK as well. Bit the maxx HD. Ehhh. It lags. You snap a pic and it will take some time to actually capture the image. I'm sure the problem will be addressed within future updates. I can guarantee that a dev will put some time into a rom that will include the AOSP camera.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
To my eyes, the picture quality is better than the Galaxy Nexus I came from. There's definite lag compared to the GN, but when you consider that 4 of 5 of the zero lag pictures were blurry, I can deal with a slower shutter if the picture is sharp.

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't have any problems with the camera. It may not be the best but you often times have to sacrifice something for another.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there an auto focus option, or face detection?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Patrick Swazey had a great line in the movie Roadhouse. "Opinions very". If your a photographer that wants pro looking shots then your going to probably be disappointed. If your an everyday joe like me who takes shots of his kids or just random things that come up then you will probably be fine. With a fancy camera I have I've taken bad shots and the same with the Maxx HD. Personally I wouldn't use a shovel to dig a ditch I would use a backhoe, even though both would do the job, meaning if I wanted very nice looking pics I would use a nice camera not the HD even though both would do the job. Just one better than the other. Just my 2 cents.