Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By whoover
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD Card door not fully closing after installing SD Card.

My SD card door is not closing all the way after installing my sd card. Before it would sit flush against the frame, now the left side sticks out a bit. At first I just ignored it because it wasn't that bad and I had a case covering it anyway, however today I kept noticing that my phone was always re-reading my sd card after I turned the screen on. I was wondering if the sd card is becoming loose inside and not making full contact anymore. I used the key to install and uninstall the sd card the way it recommends.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Default Re: SD Card door not fully closing after installing SD Card.

Quote Originally Posted by humfybogurt View Post
    My SD card door is not closing all the way after installing my sd card. Before it would sit flush against the frame, now the left side sticks out a bit. At first I just ignored it because it wasn't that bad and I had a case covering it anyway, however today I kept noticing that my phone was always re-reading my sd card after I turned the screen on. I was wondering if the sd card is becoming loose inside and not making full contact anymore. I used the key to install and uninstall the sd card the way it recommends.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    You have not installed the card correctly. This is important because your card will fry due to improper insertion.

Power down the phone and remove the carrier. The sd card will probably fall out. You do NOT merely lay it in the carrier like the SIM card. Rather, insert the card into the slot and press it until it clicks in place. The special tool that came with the phone has a back edge designed to press the card into place but you can also use your fingernail. Just make sure the card clicks into place. Then install the carrier with the SIM card.
    Thanked by 5:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    You have not installed the card correctly. This is important because your card will fry due to improper insertion.

Power down the phone and remove the carrier. The sd card will probably fall out. You do NOT merely lay it in the carrier like the SIM card. Rather, insert the card into the slot and press it until it clicks in place. The special tool that came with the phone has a back edge designed to press the card into place but you can also use your fingernail. Just make sure the card clicks into place. Then install the carrier with the SIM card.
    Oh ok!! Thanks for that. I didn't realize that the card had to click into place. I pushed it in several times with my fingernail, but it wasn't clicking, so I assumed that the tool was desinged to just hold it in place. I inserted it correctly now though, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by humfybogurt View Post
    Oh ok!! Thanks for that. I didn't realize that the card had to click into place. I pushed it in several times with my fingernail, but it wasn't clicking, so I assumed that the tool was desinged to just hold it in place. I inserted it correctly now though, thanks for the help.
    Sure. It's bitten a bunch of folks. Considering you have to root around on the web to find a user manual, it's not surprising. There should probably be a sticky for this one.
    jroc likes this.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Thanks from me too. I was having the same problem and wondered what to do. Android Central forums to the rescue!

ROM
    I don't root.

Another thanks. My GF's MAXX HD was flipping out and the App Protector Pro kept re locking when she tried to use the phone. It also kept trying to mount the Micro SD card over and over. And that was what clued me into the problem. I noticed the little door on the side was not flush and came to the same conclusion as the second poster in this thread. The Micro SD was not clicked into place properly.

Last week her phone would spontaneously shut off when plugged in to recharge and would show a big question mark when it finally came back to life and tried to recharge. All sorts of weird stuff, probably because her Micro SD card was never installed properly in the first place. (my fault, since I set her phone up.)

Let this be a lesson to any new owners of this phone.

Sent from my Droid Razr MAXX HD.
    Droid Razr MAXX HD since Dec 2012.

Good.