Data Transfer Using Computer

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble with this. On my Maxx, Mass Storage option let me see the drives on my computer. On the MaxxHD, they are not present at all. Last night I was trying to do this and didn't work so I switched to MTP and was able to move info using the Moto supplied cable but this morning I'm at work and can't even do that. The icon for the phone pops up on the computer, I select one of the drives in the phone and can't see the info. I just realized that I'm using a non-Moto USB cable though and after reading some other posts, about Charging through USB, suspect that's why it's not working this morning. I need to be using the Moto supplied cable I bet. But that doesn't explain why I can not use Mass Storage like before, because I was using the Moto cable last night. Just checking with everyone to see if it's me or the device. Thanks

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble with this. On my Maxx, Mass Storage option let me see the drives on my computer. On the MaxxHD, they are not present at all. Last night I was trying to do this and didn't work so I switched to MTP and was able to move info using the Moto supplied cable but this morning I'm at work and can't even do that. The icon for the phone pops up on the computer, I select one of the drives in the phone and can't see the info. I just realized that I'm using a non-Moto USB cable though and after reading some other posts, about Charging through USB, suspect that's why it's not working this morning. I need to be using the Moto supplied cable I bet. But that doesn't explain why I can not use Mass Storage like before, because I was using the Moto cable last night. Just checking with everyone to see if it's me or the device. Thanks
What option is your Storage mode set to? Try changing it and letting make sure you let the computer install the latest drivers.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for responding. Not sure where to check the Storage Mode:/ though. Can you elaborate? I'm now downloading the MotorolaDeviceManager 2.2.28 from the Moto Support page and will try that.

outlaw08

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
anyone found just the drivers for the phone so that mass storage is available without downloading the full MDM 2.2.28 and having more software on my machine?

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
What option is your Storage mode set to? Try changing it and letting make sure you let the computer install the latest drivers.
Go to the All Settings screen (swipe left to Quick Settings and tap All Settings at the bottom). Tap Storage. Tap the Options icon (three dots in upper right corner). It will show your current setting. Tap that setting and you will get the Connect As page with the options. You probably want Mass Storage, but if that's what it's set to try changing it to see if it forces new drivers to be loaded.

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
anyone found just the drivers for the phone so that mass storage is available without downloading the full MDM 2.2.28 and having more software on my machine?
By selecting different connection modes (see above) I think Windows will automatically find and download the generic drivers independently of the MDM install. But I'm not sure since I let it install MDM.

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
By selecting different connection modes (see above) I think Windows will automatically find and download the generic drivers independently of the MDM install. But I'm not sure since I let it install MDM.
There are three options: Mass Storage, Media device (MTP) and Camera (PTP). I just needed to copy a picture to my PC and it turns out Camera is the most useful setting. In this mode, the phone shows up on my PC (in Computer) as a "Portable Device." Double click on that device and you see two folders, Internal Storage and SD Card. You can get to everything.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Go to the All Settings screen (swipe left to Quick Settings and tap All Settings at the bottom). Tap Storage. Tap the Options icon (three dots in upper right corner). It will show your current setting. Tap that setting and you will get the Connect As page with the options. You probably want Mass Storage, but if that's what it's set to try changing it to see if it forces new drivers to be loaded.

Thanks and sorry that I forgot to mention I'm using Apex Launcher for my UI. But I'll give it a shot. I keep forgetting to look for those dots:) Found it and I am set to mass storage. Bty, That's the same settings menu that appears every time you check usb status in the status bar when you plug in and I've toggled it many times. Something is different about this phone. Just can't put my finger on it.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae