1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will MAXX HD Catch On Enough to Get Support?

It seems the hot phones competing with the MAXX HD are the Samsungs and iphone5 and they seem to be getting all the buzz. The MAXX HD doesn't seem to be generating much buzz and I feel it is superior to the competing products. I have a concern that MOTO and third party vendors won;t be putting out the support, accessories, and apps since the penetration of the product may not be sufficient. Am I just expecting too much too soon? Usually, the accessories beat the phone to the market if the vendors feel the phone will be hot. MAXX HD not so much.

Default Re: Will MAXX HD Catch On Enough to Get Support?

I think this phone is built to not need accessories. Rugged enough to not need a case, big enough battery to not need special charging gadgets, etc.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,229 Global Posts

If it was the only thing Motorola was really pushing, it would get support like the Galaxy S3.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Accessories will come but I have noticed a trend that ever since the Droid X Motorola hasn't had many devices that had solid accessories. Whenever accessories do come out for the device (good ones) usually a new phone is looming on horizon. Personally I don't think this needs any type of case or screen protection. I usually am pretty careful with my phones but I usually got cases just because I don't want an issue. This phone I feel could take a little bit of a beating with only getting some nicks and small scratches.

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

I literally see commercials everyday for the Razr line. I am hoping that's a sign that the support will be here.

The only accessories I want are the car dock and (maybe) a bedside dock. Those are out so I'm satisfied. I agree with those above that I really don't have need for a case (they always make the phones more bulky in my opinion) or a screen protector. I believe Verizon has holsters if you wanted one. Other than that I'm not sure what you'd be looking for as far as accessories go...

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Droid is the house brand at Verizon, and given that Sammy is trying hard to free itself from the carrier constraints I think Verizon will be behind it. What I'm wondering is how Google's ownership of MOT will affect this. I understand that there are firewalls in place, but I still would expect GOOG to push hard to get updates out to the MOT phones. But perhaps that's just wishful thinking.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I don't usually use a case for everyday, but I do use my phone as a bike computer and would like more protection for use on the bike. I have a Casio Commando now and it does't need additional protection. Matter of fact, I can probably use it to drive nails if I need to.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    I think this phone is built to not need accessories. Rugged enough to not need a case, big enough battery to not need special charging gadgets, etc.
    Completely disagree. This phone's screen is incredibly fragile. It has gorilla glass sure, but that has pros and con. The cons heavily out weight the pros. Gorilla glass is very solid and non flexible, which means it is very hard to scratch. This is good. But the since the glass is non-flexible, it is VERY easy for this screen to break from shock or even pressure. I was reading in another forum that someone had this phone in his pocket, leaned over while sitting and the screen shattered. I already had my bad experience with the screen as well.

GET A CASE

Quote Originally Posted by zackh123 View Post
    Completely disagree. This phone's screen is incredibly fragile. It has gorilla glass sure, but that has pros and con. The cons heavily out weight the pros. Gorilla glass is very solid and non flexible, which means it is very hard to scratch. This is good. But the since the glass is non-flexible, it is VERY easy for this screen to break from shock or even pressure. I was reading in another forum that someone had this phone in his pocket, leaned over while sitting and the screen shattered. I already had my bad experience with the screen as well.

GET A CASE
    The part bold above leads me to believe there was something else involved there. I have my phone caseless in my pocket all the time and do my usual daily tasks with no issues. I think who ever posted that is leaving something out. Besides, if that where in fact true most cases wouldn't solve that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by zackh123 View Post

GET A CASE
    I think it can withstand pressure:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2