Incompatibilities Popping Up

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Have had mine for two weeks. Already experienced what I believe may be incompatibilities specific to this model.

First was the installation of Doubletwist. Immediately after, the unit went into a restart/reset infinite loop. Verizon, of course, tried to get to the recovery screen. The unit would not stay in the recovery screen either. They gave me a new phone. Have not tried reinstalling Doubletwist.

AccuWeather locator does not work regardless of how strong the signal is. Maps/Navigator works well. Accuweather locator not at all. They are aware of the problem and say it will be fixed in the next update. All else with Acuuweather works as advertised.

It is important for others to report their experiences so we don't walk into problems.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Glad it works for you all. Doesn't quite help me. They are aware and promise the fix in next version. BTW ....... mine is also stock, unrooted.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I just installed both and both work fine. I live n work in a bad reception area....and Accuweather is working fine in my apt. Thats a virtual dead zone.

I'm kinda confused:

Glad it works for you all. Doesn't quite help me. They are aware and promise the fix in next version. BTW ....... mine is also stock, unrooted.

Well.....you did say:

It is important for others to report their experiences so we don't walk into problems.

Sorry if others here are not having issues like you so far....., but we are reporting our experiences... Were you having the Accuweather problem on both phones? I take this back... lol Accuweather is not accurate for me. It works in my apt tho, but Google Maps shows my accurate location in my apt.

Last edited:

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
You are correct! Just jealous, I guess.

Although our house is in a black hole for all cell phones, likely not the case for GPS. Maps work like a charm as does other apps requiring GPS. I have purposely attempted locating with AW in numerous places. Fail. Also, this is the Platinum version ........... I didn't mention that before.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Locator service now working with AccuWeather.

Last night my phone's battery drained to zero. I plugged the phone in this morning and when it restarted the AccuWeather locator immediately found my location. Now, there still is a bug in their locator service, and as I said, they told me they are aware of it and claim will be fixed in the next update. At least there seems to be a way around it for those who experience the problem.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: I've now attempted to run Doubletwist on two separate Razr Maxx HDs with the same results ........ a boot loop. In both instances just about all installed apps were the same. In the second instance I was able to get to Doubletwist after a half dozen loops and uninstall it before the next reset. That stopped the reset. Supposedly Doubletwist is used and loved by thousands. Maybe, but with two separate handsets and all else being the same, something is up with this app. Could be an incompatibility with one particular app or set or apps. Really doesn't matter it, is the culprit. I'll never go near it again.

Sent from Android Central Forums

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I doubt the problem is the phone. Especially since the same thing happened on two different phones. It sounds like you have another app installed that doesn't play nice with Doubletwist.

If you really want to find the culprit, do a factory reset and install Doubletwist without any other apps installed. If the problem doesn't happen, install your other apps one at a time until you start having problems.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I doubt the problem is the phone. Especially since the same thing happened on two different phones. It sounds like you have another app installed that doesn't play nice with Doubletwist.

If you really want to find the culprit, do a factory reset and install Doubletwist without any other apps installed. If the problem doesn't happen, install your other apps one at a time until you start having problems.

I certainly agree with your assessment. Doubletwist isn't critical to me.... enough so that would go through the investigation of cause. The handset is running great with many other apps. I just won't go near Doubletwist.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound, but I am running DoubleTwist with quite a few other apps installed and not having any issues. I know your issue is valid...I've seen others post having problems, too, I just wish it was easy to figure out where the conflict is.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound, but I am running DoubleTwist with quite a few other apps installed and not having any issues. I know your issue is valid...I've seen others post having problems, too, I just wish it was easy to figure out where the conflict is.
Not a problem. Nothing against Doubletwist. Wouldn't be the first example of apps not playing well together. I might consider looking into it more if such an app was that important for me to have. There is something going on that is serious and just wanted to alert the community to the existence so people are on the lookout. I realize there are a ton of people using it so it isn't just Doubletwist. Nonetheless, it was the last app I ran/installed that caused one phone to be put out of comission and almost a second.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn