Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Galaxy S3 vs. Droid Razr Maxx HD - Which should I get?

yep..ABSOLUTLY AWESOME PHONE .and yes the battery life is as good as they advertise....FOR ONCE!...had mine on the very first day...not even had the battery broken in yet...got 22+ hours out of it..and my bro and me played the thing for a LONG time solid.trust me..coming from a tbolt with an extended battery that woudnt last me all day without a mid day "refueling"....this baby is killer...and its super thin too............. =]

Sent from 1soldier™©,and his razr maxx HD… =]

what kind of battery app are you using there?

Sent from 1soldier™©,and his razr maxx HD… =]
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    I love being able to swap batteries. I have been without power due to an ice storm for 3 days and keep my batteries on a charging dock plugged into my vehicle. Everyone around me with iphones have to limit use or leave it in their vehicle.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    My advice is get an external battery/ charger. I invested in a small compact one just after I started buying phones with non removable batteries. I almost never use it but its nice to have in rare unexpected situations where I cant charge the phone. That one I carry with me nost of the time. Last week I bought a larger 11,000 mAh one for trips. Found a good deal on Amazon. No more problems.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by YourMobileGuru View Post
    My advice is get an external battery/ charger. I invested in a small compact one just after I started buying phones with non removable batteries. I almost never use it but its nice to have in rare unexpected situations where I cant charge the phone. That one I carry with me nost of the time. Last week I bought a larger 11,000 mAh one for trips. Found a good deal on Amazon. No more problems.
    Because I don't want one. I like swapping batteries and not having something tethered for a few hours. If phone makers are going to take ideas from iPhone, why are they taking the negative difference? If they are going to take one, why not take the restore that apple has that doesn't take 2 hours to replace the apps, shortcuts, settings etc.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Because I don't want one. I like swapping batteries and not having something tethered for a few hours. If phone makers are going to take ideas from iPhone, why are they taking the negative difference? If they are going to take one, why not take the restore that apple has that doesn't take 2 hours to replace the apps, shortcuts, settings etc.

They aren't doing this because of Apple (at least not completely ). Going to a non removable battery allows them to make the devices smaller and more lightweight.

I was skeptical at first too but I'm my experiencethe drvidevices I've owned ( Droid 4, Droid RAZR, HTC One X, Droid RAZR HD Max, and now the Droid DNA) get better battery life than any smartphone (except BlackBerry) that had a removable one. I've had the expetnal battery since February and have used it perhaps 5-6 times. I really only carry it just in case.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

RAZR MAXX HD is the best. I got a S-3 and resold it immediately after 5 days.

I own the Verizon HD Maxx and abolutely love it. I have used both the Galaxy and Iphone and prefer the HD maxx over all. The main reason is battery life. As far as the camera goes, the HD Maxx was lacking in that category, but after the latest update to android 4.1.2 (Verizon build 9.16.6XT926) The camera issue is fixed. In my opinion, one of the best phones on the market.
    Build - Excellent
    Battery Life - Excellent
    Software - Great but more pure droid)
    Connectivity to wireless and blue tooth - Excellent

Go for the Galaxy S3.

I have had the Samsung Galaxy S3 in a Ballistic Maxx case for personal use since August 2012 and I just received the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx in an Otterbox for company use. The biggest advantage of the Galaxy S3 is that you can replace the battery. Within the first month of my purchase, I replaced the standard 2100 mAh battery with a 2900 mAh battery that I bought off of eBay. I have a 2900 mAh in my phone and I have two extra 2900 batteries that I can swap whenever the battery gets low from too much video or websurfing use. The 2900 mAh batteries will fit the standard Galaxy S3 cases. You can buy 4500 mAh batteries for the Galaxy S3 off of eBay and the vendors include extended battery covers, but the phone will not fit protective cases with the 4500 mAh battery. Also, I have two 10,000 mAh extended batteries, purchased from eBay for $30 each, than I can use if I know I will be away from my car charger for an extended time.

Also, the S3 has the S Voice already installed, Samsung's version of Apple's iphone Siri. If you do not like S Voice, you can download Google Voice Search.

Quote Originally Posted by wkwan01 View Post
    Go for the Galaxy S3.

I have had the Samsung Galaxy S3 in a Ballistic Maxx case for personal use since August 2012 and I just received the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx in an Otterbox for company use. The biggest advantage of the Galaxy S3 is that you can replace the battery. Within the first month of my purchase, I replaced the standard 2100 mAh battery with a 2900 mAh battery that I bought off of eBay. I have a 2900 mAh in my phone and I have two extra 2900 batteries that I can swap whenever the battery gets low from too much video or websurfing use. The 2900 mAh batteries will fit the standard Galaxy S3 cases. You can buy 4500 mAh batteries for the Galaxy S3 off of eBay and the vendors include extended battery covers, but the phone will not fit protective cases with the 4500 mAh battery. Also, I have two 10,000 mAh extended batteries, purchased from eBay for $30 each, than I can use if I know I will be away from my car charger for an extended time.

Also, the S3 has the S Voice already installed, Samsung's version of Apple's iphone Siri. If you do not like S Voice, you can download Google Voice Search.
    You do know that your response, like the question, is hopelessly obsolete, right? Today the question would be comparing the S4 and the Droid MAXX (not the Droid Razr Maxx HD).

After a year of heavy use, my Maxx HD holds the same charge as when it was new, meaning a lot. Swapping batteries is fun, but not really needed anymore. This unswappable battery has pretty much proven itself a winner. The new MAXX has an even bigger battery in an even slimmer package, so if battery life is important it's hard to beat.

The Google Now voice search is now built into Android and works incredibly well. My son's S4 doesn't do as good of a job as my old Maxx HD, but they both make Siri look like a joke. The camera in the S4 is amazing. He uses his phone as a camera as much as as a phone, so the S4 was probably the best bet for him. I'd go with the new Maxx if it were me, but I'm still happy with my old Maxx HD.

Quote Originally Posted by wkwan01 View Post
    The biggest advantage of the Galaxy S3 is that you can replace the battery. Within the first month of my purchase, I replaced the standard 2100 mAh battery with a 2900 mAh battery that I bought off of eBay. I have a 2900 mAh in my phone and I have two extra 2900 batteries that I can swap whenever the battery gets low from too much video or websurfing use.
    Swapping out your battery when it gets low--how quaint.

I just bought a droid razr maxx hd and my wife has the samsung galaxy s3 not the s4 yet, mind you. The price was in the 600's on the razr. To me the razr looks more fab but you can always customize a phone with cases. Now, as far as the program goes between the two, the s3 out class the new razr maxx hd by far, s4 is even nicer i hear. Look, the s3 is cheaper, better and can do everything you need, as well as the s4 which is updated and newer. I am a bit angry since i paid into a phone which does less, program wise, because the guy who created a batman suit material used it for the razr, like i really care about that.They have otter boxes far cheaper right.So, the s3 and the s4 is better and comes in black, blue or white. The razr maxx hd does seem to have more battery life, more durable but less default program features without downloading apps which may or may not really work. Get the most bang for your bucks. Bottom line, go s3 or s4 which knocks the droid razr maxx hd out the box. I should have listened to my wife, really. Oh yeah, if you are just looking for a nice phone the droid razr maxx hd is still cool, but overpriced. Be warned.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

They're both great phones. I would prolly choose the S3 though. More options, more accessories, battery choices, more dev support, etc.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    1,467 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Quote Originally Posted by 2014DDS View Post
    I just bought a droid razr maxx hd and my wife has the samsung galaxy s3 not the s4 yet, mind you. The price was in the 600's on the razr. To me the razr looks more fab but you can always customize a phone with cases. Now, as far as the program goes between the two, the s3 out class the new razr maxx hd by far, s4 is even nicer i hear. Look, the s3 is cheaper, better and can do everything you need, as well as the s4 which is updated and newer. I am a bit angry since i paid into a phone which does less, program wise, because the guy who created a batman suit material used it for the razr, like i really care about that.They have otter boxes far cheaper right.So, the s3 and the s4 is better and comes in black, blue or white. The razr maxx hd does seem to have more battery life, more durable but less default program features without downloading apps which may or may not really work. Get the most bang for your bucks. Bottom line, go s3 or s4 which knocks the droid razr maxx hd out the box. I should have listened to my wife, really. Oh yeah, if you are just looking for a nice phone the droid razr maxx hd is still cool, but overpriced. Be warned.
    My question is why did you buy a 2 year old device when you could get the new maxx for roughly the same price. Granted RMHD has great battery life but with little support anymore.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

I am in a similar situation. I have a RAZR HD MAXX and my wife has an S3. True the features of the S3 are greater out of the box but most of the Samsung crap doesn't work properly anyway... I have am rooted and have an unlocked bootloader. I've stripped all the muck from my system and my phone now has more capabilities than hers and they all work properly. I also have a vastly superior battery and radio/antennas. While at the beach in a poor signal area we listen to all our streaming music on my phone because hers can't even get data. I do wish the RAZR had 2GB RAM but that's the only thing missing. I have no regrets and no doubt I have the superior phone for my purposes. It depends what you want to do with it and how much time you are willing to spend.
    Thanked by:
    PowrDroid likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123