just bought micro_sd64gb

moesboy

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
=========================================================================================================
Before I put this card in my phone should I transfer my files over using my reader,or put card in phone then move files over.
Thank's

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
=========================================================================================================
Before I put this card in my phone should I transfer my files over using my reader,or put card in phone then move files over.
Thank's
It will be slower but safer to put the card in the phone first. 64GB cards need special formatting and it would be a good idea to make sure the phone is happy with the empty card and then to let it do all the accessing. Just make sure you properly seat the card. It has to CLICK into place in the phone before you insert the cover/SIM holder. Either use the special tool that comes with the phone (the back is a flat surface that's designed to help you seat the card) or a fingernail, but make sure the card is fully seated. Otherwise it will fry.

moesboy

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
It will be slower but safer to put the card in the phone first. 64GB cards need special formatting and it would be a good idea to make sure the phone is happy with the empty card and then to let it do all the accessing. Just make sure you properly seat the card. It has to CLICK into place in the phone before you insert the cover/SIM holder. Either use the special tool that comes with the phone (the back is a flat surface that's designed to help you seat the card) or a fingernail, but make sure the card is fully seated. Otherwise it will fry.
great thank you,thats what I needed to no.

moesboy

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
used all of my sd cards 16,4,and 32 and they all work with my phone,I think I got bad information when guys were saying 64gb worked unless I bought the wrong card.
I bought a 64gb microSDXC should this work in my RAZRMAXX HD

Last edited:

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
used all of my sd cards 16,4,and 32 and they all work with my phone,I think I got bad information when guys were saying 64gb worked unless I bought the wrong card.
I bought a 64gb microSDXC should this work in my RAZRMAXX HD
Motorola says they support up to 32GB. Some people report that 64GB works for them but, as I said earlier, there are formatting issues because the FAT32 format can't be used beyond 32GB.

Because Motorola says up to 32GB I never messed with a 64GB card so I don't have any direct experience but I would guess it's a format issue.

You might try reformatting the 64GB card on your PC. First see which way it's formatted (NTFS or exFAT) by right-clicking on the card's drive and selecting Properties. Then select Format and specify the other mode. It may be that the phone only works with cards formatted one way but not the other. Again, most cards are FAT32 but that can't be used with 64GB cards.

ftb

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I had problems with my 64 GB card, until I reformatted the card with the phone. Which meant wiping out all the data I had put on it and then loading it up again.
So far it has worked well. I have about 37 GB filled up, video and music mostly

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had problems with my 64 GB card, until I reformatted the card with the phone. Which meant wiping out all the data I had put on it and then loading it up again.
So far it has worked well. I have about 37 GB filled up, video and music mostly

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
If the phone will recognize the card at all and allow you to format it, that's the way to go for sure.

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
My first attempt at inserting the card didn't work because it wasn't pushed in far enough. I turned the eject key around and used the flat part to push the SD card in all the way. I then had to format the 64gb card in the phone before it was recognized but no problems after that.

Attachments

• 2012-11-11 16.16.04.png
    2012-11-11 16.16.04.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance