Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone coming from an iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    First off, we may be related because I have waffled the last couple years myself. I drive my wife nuts buying and selling phones. I recently sold my Samsung GS3 and bought the Maxx HD. I returned the Maxx HD for an iPhone 4S, which I had before the GS3. My job just started allowing us to use our own device, however the app is $15 per month with an Android phone and nothing extra on an iPhone. Since I was within my return period I thought I would take "one" for the team and opt for the 4s at $99, saving $165. Plus now I save $180 per year by having an iPhone.

Whew . . . I have resigned myself to this iPhone and I am not happy about it at all. There is nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't even come close to the Maxx HD. If I could have a do over I would eat the $15 per month and call it good. Others have listed the attributes of the phone so I won't do it again, but I will say it is a great device. Even better than the formidable GS3, IMO.

I have a line upgrade eligible in January. Unless there is something significantly better than the Maxx HD I will be going back to it and paying an extra $15 per month. The good news at least is that the iPhone has high resale value, which will pay for the HD. Hopefully the price will be lowered by then as well.

As an FYI, the app we are using for work is Good for Enterprise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just curious if you are still going to upgrade to the MAXX HD or maybe the iphone 5?

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

Hey everyone. I currently have the 4s. Have had it since launch and have become frustrated with texting on it. I came from a BB so I just thought maybe touch screen phones were not for me. I was at the verizon store and started texting away on a Maxx HD and seemed to have no trouble. I could type as fast as I wanted. ON the 4s it seems like there is a certain rhythm and I cant type as fast as I would like otherwise it will miss letters here and there which can make a text look very silly. On 4s I find myself hitting the delete button almost everytime I text?! Just curious if other people have had this same experience? And I didn't get a long chance to type on the Maxx so maybe it was in my head!

Quote Originally Posted by jebulls View Post
    Hey everyone. I currently have the 4s. Have had it since launch and have become frustrated with texting on it. I came from a BB so I just thought maybe touch screen phones were not for me. I was at the verizon store and started texting away on a Maxx HD and seemed to have no trouble. I could type as fast as I wanted. ON the 4s it seems like there is a certain rhythm and I cant type as fast as I would like otherwise it will miss letters here and there which can make a text look very silly. On 4s I find myself hitting the delete button almost everytime I text?! Just curious if other people have had this same experience? And I didn't get a long chance to type on the Maxx so maybe it was in my head!
    Yeah the iPhone I had some issues that made me mad.. but I got used to it. The RAZR I type really fast. Also Google voice texting is awesome!

Default Anyone coming from an iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by bgl321 View Post
    Just curious if you are still going to upgrade to the MAXX HD or maybe the iphone 5?
    I am upgrade eligible January 19th and I am really torn on what phone I want. Do I come back to to Maxx HD that I loved or upgrade to the iPhone 5 and save the $15 per month / $180 per year. The one advantage the iPhone 5 has over the Maxx HD is that I have an iPad, MacBook Air, and iMac and everything with reminders, notes, tasks, etc all work really well together. I can duplicate most of it with android apps, but it takes a bit more effort. I am not impressed with the screen size of the iPhone 5 though. I really am torn and my wife is already laughing at me about it.

I have also looked at the DNA, which looks really nice, but 16gb is weak with no sd card slot. I'm not sure if I could make that work. It also has a smaller battery. Come January we also may have a better idea on the Galaxy S4 timeline.

Funny story off subject a bit . . . Last week I am in a meeting with coworkers. We are all field travelers and don't spend much time together. We were doing a team building exercise where we had to tell our biggest guilty pleasure. In a room with 8 other coworkers they all guessed technology was mine before I even spoke, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
    bgl321 likes this.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Just came from the iPhone 5. Like a previous poster I have everything Apple, but with my job I had to have the battery life. So far i'm really happy with my choice, but I do miss a few things about the iPhone, mostly the iPod.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12