Anyone coming from an iphone?

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My 2 cents; I'm not a "jumper" like some of you, lol, my wife and I have had iPhones starting with the 3g and recently the 4s. For me at least I knew Android was out there but never bothered to look into it content with the iPhone. We're each going to have different reasons, mine started with Apple being thugs against Gawker/Gizmodo in 2009 and then last years awful keynote speech and then this years absolutely atrocious keynote speech. I think also early adopters Android wasn't quit there and now with ICS and JB Android has taken huge steps forward.

Now that I'm with Android I question why I didn't switch sooner, my wife and I will never look back. Picked up my friends 4s yesterday and it felt tiny, I was trying to find the back button and the settings/menu button. In fact I was trying everything you can't do on an iPhone, lol.

diegoesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Now that I'm with Android I question why I didn't switch sooner, my wife and I will never look back. Picked up my friends 4s yesterday and it felt tiny, I was trying to find the back button and the settings/menu button. In fact I was trying everything you can't do on an iPhone, lol.

I agree with the last part you wrote about iphone feeling tiny and trying to find the buttons.

However in regards to your first comment about not going back to iphone- I thought the same thing initially, but don't count apple out just yet! They made changes to their senior management that should benefit them alot. They have one more chance to get it right, otherwise their finished....

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's not that bad. People make it sound worse than it is. Go take some text shots in your local store and you'll see that your family memories will be just fine:)

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD

Agreed, I find the images are perfectly fine for my needs. Clear but not mind blowing like a professional camera.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the last part you wrote about iphone feeling tiny and trying to find the buttons.

However in regards to your first comment about not going back to iphone- I thought the same thing initially, but don't count apple out just yet! They made changes to their senior management that should benefit them alot. They have one more chance to get it right, otherwise their finished....

You can never count Apple out but they've always been about style over substance. There Macs have always contained hardware that was either dated or off the shelf from Tiger Direct/Newegg, etc yet they charged a premium. Sure they pushed smart phones and mp3 players to the masses with their styling but you can only ride a tired horse for so long. Tim Cook and company keep making blunder after blunder, they lose their cases over seas and bits and pieces of the case here in the US keep getting over turned. On December 7th we'll see if the whole case against Samsung gets over turned as it should. Jury tampering, patent abuse, and now Samsung wants to present evidence that they held the ideas and patents first before Apple. Here in the US Apple has lost against Motorola Mobility, Google, Cisco Systems, and VirnetX to name a few and more losses are coming.

And why on earth would you go against Samsung who make about 80-85% of the parts in your phone?!?! Samsung has already pulled the plug for the display components for the iPhone with more to follow I'm sure. What ever Tim Cook is smoking he needs to stop, and stop now.

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Maxx HD. Loving it so
far! Thanks for all the input.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
First off, we may be related because I have waffled the last couple years myself. I drive my wife nuts buying and selling phones. I recently sold my Samsung GS3 and bought the Maxx HD. I returned the Maxx HD for an iPhone 4S, which I had before the GS3. My job just started allowing us to use our own device, however the app is $15 per month with an Android phone and nothing extra on an iPhone. Since I was within my return period I thought I would take "one" for the team and opt for the 4s at $99, saving $165. Plus now I save $180 per year by having an iPhone.

Whew . . . I have resigned myself to this iPhone and I am not happy about it at all. There is nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't even come close to the Maxx HD. If I could have a do over I would eat the $15 per month and call it good. Others have listed the attributes of the phone so I won't do it again, but I will say it is a great device. Even better than the formidable GS3, IMO.

I have a line upgrade eligible in January. Unless there is something significantly better than the Maxx HD I will be going back to it and paying an extra $15 per month. The good news at least is that the iPhone has high resale value, which will pay for the HD. Hopefully the price will be lowered by then as well.

As an FYI, the app we are using for work is Good for Enterprise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just curious if you are still going to upgrade to the MAXX HD or maybe the iphone 5?

jebulls

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. I currently have the 4s. Have had it since launch and have become frustrated with texting on it. I came from a BB so I just thought maybe touch screen phones were not for me. I was at the verizon store and started texting away on a Maxx HD and seemed to have no trouble. I could type as fast as I wanted. ON the 4s it seems like there is a certain rhythm and I cant type as fast as I would like otherwise it will miss letters here and there which can make a text look very silly. On 4s I find myself hitting the delete button almost everytime I text?! Just curious if other people have had this same experience? And I didn't get a long chance to type on the Maxx so maybe it was in my head!

codysanbor

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. I currently have the 4s. Have had it since launch and have become frustrated with texting on it. I came from a BB so I just thought maybe touch screen phones were not for me. I was at the verizon store and started texting away on a Maxx HD and seemed to have no trouble. I could type as fast as I wanted. ON the 4s it seems like there is a certain rhythm and I cant type as fast as I would like otherwise it will miss letters here and there which can make a text look very silly. On 4s I find myself hitting the delete button almost everytime I text?! Just curious if other people have had this same experience? And I didn't get a long chance to type on the Maxx so maybe it was in my head!

Yeah the iPhone I had some issues that made me mad.. but I got used to it. The RAZR I type really fast. Also Google voice texting is awesome!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if you are still going to upgrade to the MAXX HD or maybe the iphone 5?

I am upgrade eligible January 19th and I am really torn on what phone I want. Do I come back to to Maxx HD that I loved or upgrade to the iPhone 5 and save the $15 per month / $180 per year. The one advantage the iPhone 5 has over the Maxx HD is that I have an iPad, MacBook Air, and iMac and everything with reminders, notes, tasks, etc all work really well together. I can duplicate most of it with android apps, but it takes a bit more effort. I am not impressed with the screen size of the iPhone 5 though. I really am torn and my wife is already laughing at me about it.

I have also looked at the DNA, which looks really nice, but 16gb is weak with no sd card slot. I'm not sure if I could make that work. It also has a smaller battery. Come January we also may have a better idea on the Galaxy S4 timeline.

Funny story off subject a bit . . . Last week I am in a meeting with coworkers. We are all field travelers and don't spend much time together. We were doing a team building exercise where we had to tell our biggest guilty pleasure. In a room with 8 other coworkers they all guessed technology was mine before I even spoke, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Just came from the iPhone 5. Like a previous poster I have everything Apple, but with my job I had to have the battery life. So far i'm really happy with my choice, but I do miss a few things about the iPhone, mostly the iPod.