Anyone coming from an iphone?

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I've bounced back and forth between the iphone and android devices for the last couple years. Just can't make up my mind. I always end up buying/trying Android but then go back to the iphone. So it's time again I suppose. I have had my eye on the Maxx HD. Had the OG Droid and other Moto phones so Moto has always been my Android choice. Anyone else out there coming from an iphone and if so what are your thoughts on the Maxx HD? Thanks for reading!

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4s prior to moving on to the maxx series phones. First I had the maxx and now on the maxx HD.
I believe the ONLY thing I miss about the iPhone is the camera. Android itself is much more diverse and customizable. You won't be disappointed in the features and the battery is second to none.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jammocaz

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I switched from a iPhone 4 and I will agree the camera sucks on the Maxx HD. Its not a deal breaker because I am
not a photo enthusiast. I grew used to SMS in iOS and still getting used to android. I had an android before. I will say jellybean is a
Step in the right direction. I wish for a better camera and better SMS navigation. I'm very happy with this device and won't be switching to anything in the foreseeable future. So many things I feel this phone has yet to do

shadofall

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I switched from an Iphone to the Razr HD,

my personal experince has been, the flexability of android tends to make things that were insanely simple in ios a little more complex sometimes. but if you can force your self to actually dig in i dont think you will find your self missing ios,

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I switched from a iPhone 4 and I will agree the camera sucks on the Maxx HD. Its not a deal breaker because I am
not a photo enthusiast. I grew used to SMS in iOS and still getting used to android. I had an android before. I will say jellybean is a
Step in the right direction. I wish for a better camera and better SMS navigation. I'm very happy with this device and won't be switching to anything in the foreseeable future. So many things I feel this phone has yet to do

The camera is that bad? Could be a deal breaker for me with 3 kids I don't carry around a separate camera.

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
The camera is that bad? Could be a deal breaker for me with 3 kids I don't carry around a separate camera.
It's not that bad. It just isn't as good as other high-end devices. Although it does take decent daytime shots, those lacking light tend to be slightly grainy.

melog69

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Before the HD I had a 4S and was skeptical on changing to android, So I got my wife the iPhone 5 and myself the HD
After the first week my wife was about to change her mind and ask for an android phone, I like the customization and the only thing I miss about the iPhone is that I could plug it into my car's USB port and listen and control my music(I use a nano for that now) , but other than that I love this phone I'm getting two days worth of battery were before I would barely get a day with the 4S
Also the camera is not that bad,but it could be better

codysanbor

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I had a iPhone 4. It was I nice phone. Great camera. Short battery life. Keyboard is OK. Thin factor was nice.

RAZR Maxx HD
Voice is bad as hell!!! Love it.
Swiftkey is amazing.
Voice typing is unbelievable
Camera isn't to bad
Battery is simply outstanding

Fun phone blazing fast
u4ytyvud.jpg

ehyra7eb.jpg

Second shot is what I mean by low light shots are eh.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site

It's not that bad. People make it sound worse than it is. Go take some text shots in your local store and you'll see that your family memories will be just fine:)

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
First off, we may be related because I have waffled the last couple years myself. I drive my wife nuts buying and selling phones. I recently sold my Samsung GS3 and bought the Maxx HD. I returned the Maxx HD for an iPhone 4S, which I had before the GS3. My job just started allowing us to use our own device, however the app is $15 per month with an Android phone and nothing extra on an iPhone. Since I was within my return period I thought I would take "one" for the team and opt for the 4s at $99, saving $165. Plus now I save $180 per year by having an iPhone.

Whew . . . I have resigned myself to this iPhone and I am not happy about it at all. There is nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't even come close to the Maxx HD. If I could have a do over I would eat the $15 per month and call it good. Others have listed the attributes of the phone so I won't do it again, but I will say it is a great device. Even better than the formidable GS3, IMO.

I have a line upgrade eligible in January. Unless there is something significantly better than the Maxx HD I will be going back to it and paying an extra $15 per month. The good news at least is that the iPhone has high resale value, which will pay for the HD. Hopefully the price will be lowered by then as well.

As an FYI, the app we are using for work is Good for Enterprise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
First off, we may be related because I have waffled the last couple years myself. I drive my wife nuts buying and selling phones. I recently sold my Samsung GS3 and bought the Maxx HD. I returned the Maxx HD for an iPhone 4S, which I had before the GS3. My job just started allowing us to use our own device, however the app is $15 per month with an Android phone and nothing extra on an iPhone. Since I was within my return period I thought I would take "one" for the team and opt for the 4s at $99, saving $165. Plus now I save $180 per year by having an iPhone.

Whew . . . I have resigned myself to this iPhone and I am not happy about it at all. There is nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't even come close to the Maxx HD. If I could have a do over I would eat the $15 per month and call it good. Others have listed the attributes of the phone so I won't do it again, but I will say it is a great device. Even better than the formidable GS3, IMO.

I have a line upgrade eligible in January. Unless there is something significantly better than the Maxx HD I will be going back to it and paying an extra $15 per month. The good news at least is that the iPhone has high resale value, which will pay for the HD. Hopefully the price will be lowered by then as well.

As an FYI, the app we are using for work is Good for Enterprise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! That is crazy... my long lost brother :) Sounds just like me. My wife gets so aggrevated at me as well! She says "why don't you just stay with the iphone, you always go back to it." She's right but I just can't help myself! I started with the OG Droid, then traded that for a BB, traded that for the DINC, traded that for the X2, bought the iphone 4. I had that the 4 the longest (16 months). I then used my upgrade in July to get the Maxx, exchanged that 2 weeks later for the S3. A month later traded on craigslist for the 4S. I thougt I learned my lesson after that... apparently not becasue here I am three months later thinking of doing it all over again!

We are going to give my daughter my 4S for Christmas and so now I need to decide on the iphone 5 or an Android device and I am leaning towards the Maxx HD. I buy my devices now through Best Buy and figure I can try the Maxx HD and if I miss the iphone I can exchange it for the 5 and be on my merry way... at least for a few months :)

Thanks for the input. Glad to see I'm not the only crazy one, lol!!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow! That is crazy... my long lost brother :) Sounds just like me. My wife gets so aggrevated at me as well! She says "why don't you just stay with the iphone, you always go back to it." She's right but I just can't help myself! I started with the OG Droid, then traded that for a BB, traded that for the DINC, traded that for the X2, bought the iphone 4. I had that the 4 the longest (16 months). I then used my upgrade in July to get the Maxx, exchanged that 2 weeks later for the S3. A month later traded on craigslist for the 4S. I thougt I learned my lesson after that... apparently not becasue here I am three months later thinking of doing it all over again!

We are going to give my daughter my 4S for Christmas and so now I need to decide on the iphone 5 or an Android device and I am leaning towards the Maxx HD. I buy my devices now through Best Buy and figure I can try the Maxx HD and if I miss the iphone I can exchange it for the 5 and be on my merry way... at least for a few months :)

Thanks for the input. Glad to see I'm not the only crazy one, lol!!

HaHa - I gave you the short version. Last summer, (2011) we switch from AT&T to VZW. Only with ATT for a year. iPhone 3gs - iPhone 4 on VZ. Bought at Best Buy with 45 day exchange policy. Returned iPhone 4 for Droid Charge, returned for LG Revolution, Returned for iPhone 4, returned for Droid Charge. TIME IS UP!!! Fast forward to 10/14/11 - stand in line for iPhone 4s. Kept it until the GS3 this May. I gave my 4s to my wife and her 4 to my daughter.

Before AT&T we were with Sprint where I did the BB thing, several Palm Treos, etc. If I had only half the money I have blown on phones, computers, etc, I could take a month long vacation to the South Pacific!!!

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I will making to jump once again back to Android for the Maxx HD! It will be my Christmas present from my kids :) So I have to wait another month but it will make it that much sweeter!! Thanks for the input!

jebb

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had several android phones before but have been using the iPhone 4s for the last several months until getting the Maxx HD.

What's better about the Razr:
-call quality and reception
-maps/navigation - *tons* better on android. This was one of the main reasons I switched back. iOS6 maps/nav just sucks.
-open OS/more customizable
-screen resolution
-battery life is awesome

Better on my 4s:
-camera is noticeably better
-IPS screen
-iOS - consistent rock solid stability. I've always had more little quirks/hang ups with android. Android can take a bit more effort to get set up "just right."

diegoesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've bounced back and forth between the iphone and android devices for the last couple years. Just can't make up my mind. I always end up buying/trying Android but then go back to the iphone. So it's time again I suppose. I have had my eye on the Maxx HD. Had the OG Droid and other Moto phones so Moto has always been my Android choice. Anyone else out there coming from an iphone and if so what are your thoughts on the Maxx HD? Thanks for reading!

i came from iphone 4 and 5, to the s3 and now the the razr maxx HD. In my opinion, I think the s3 has a slight edge over the maxx HD in terms of user experience. However the HD is touted to have excellent battery life (which is what matters most to me).

iOS is optimized for the hardware in which it runs on so "it just works" and is "polished". However, with hardware specs advancing, android os has finally caught up to iOS. I think the next iphone will be deciding factor in apple's fate.

im currently using the razr HD maxx.