FoxFi now $6.97

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Just checked for updates in play store and found FoxFi is now 6.97. Curious if anyone has any alternative apps???
I will probably pay for it but just wanted to consider options first. Does anyone know if it will work with JellyBean once thats pushed out??? I have not rooted and loaded it. I was planning to wait for the OTA from VZW. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just checked for updates in play store and found FoxFi is now 6.97. Curious if anyone has any alternative apps???
I will probably pay for it but just wanted to consider options first. Does anyone know if it will work with JellyBean once thats pushed out??? I have not rooted and loaded it. I was planning to wait for the OTA from VZW. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.
I assume you paid full-fare for your phone in order to keep the unlimited data plan. I guess they figure those folks can spring for $7. (The rest of us don't need Foxfi anymore, of course.)

I would assume if they charge you they are responsible for keeping the app working across upgrades. But with unlimited data plans an endangered species, I don't know what their business plan for Verizon becomes.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I assume you paid full-fare for your phone in order to keep the unlimited data plan. I guess they figure those folks can spring for $7. (The rest of us don't need Foxfi anymore, of course.)

I would assume if they charge you they are responsible for keeping the app working across upgrades. But with unlimited data plans an endangered species, I don't know what their business plan for Verizon becomes.

Countless paid apps have glitches. Dont equate paid with trouble-free.

Sent from my Nexus 7

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Foxfi doesn't work for jellybean or ICS as far as I know. From my last check they were working on it but its not completed yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

edieblack05

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Foxfi worked with my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 and I have jelly bean on both. I want to know if it will work after updating and paying the $7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I just noticed when using it today that I timed out of the "free trial" which is odd. I had this application loaded externally, for months, and have used it for months, without any isssues. recently, I had a system crash and had to re-install, and now it appears it is for fee only?

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Works great on my Maxx HD and my sons Maxx. I paid for it on both phones and well worth it for me. Works flawlessly.... for now!
I'm still grandfathered into the unlimited plan and for a combined usage of 38+ gig a month for our two phones....well worth a one time fee!

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want to pay, look for an older version. That's what I did.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Where did u get it from. It sounds like JellyBean is pushing next week so the current version won't work anymore. I never updated Foxfi in the play store so I'm wondering if that will just continue to work. Any advice you could offer is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Ds Note 2 Sprint

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I tried foxfi again today paid version & still not working on sprint samsung galaxy note 2 version 4.1.1 as of 12.02.12 6pm. Anyone else know of another app for rooted note 2 users?

Ds Note 2 * Sprint user on jellybean version 4.1.1 *

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Normally I would not discourage paying a dev for their work, especially since FoxFi was free for so long, but the bottom line is we are "supposed" to get JB next week and FoxFi does not work with JB. So feel free to buy it now, knowing it literally may only work for you for a day or two. JB has been out a while now...if they haven't gotten it working yet I'm not optimistic.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I was originally all for paying for it and did....on two phones. Now knowing it doesn't work and probably won't work on jb, I would suggest not buying it. I ended up just logging onto My Verizon to sign up for their mobile hotspot....which is currently what I'm doing at $30 a month. Great.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I am only an occasional user of hotspot, usually when I am oncall for my job. I add it from verizon when i need it, and take it off when done. They prorate the use, which is nice. I cant see paying $30/month for it otherwise, unless it was my only method for getting my laptop on the internet.

btw, I'm not advocating using/not using programs that bypass a service providers own hotspot methods.

McIrish

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I have JB on my Razr Maxx HD. FoxFi does NOT work as a hotspot. Supposedly, it still works in Bluetooth mode, but that isn't what I want. I'm hoping they are able to fix it. I would have gladly paid for it, but not if it doesn't support WIFI anymore.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have bought hundreds of apps and almost pulled the trigger on this one. I waited for the Jelly Bean upgrade, which I got this morning OTA. FoxFi no longer works. I may have to root or do something else, but just wanted to confirm that the newest FoxFi does not work on the Droid Razr Maxx HD running Jelly Bean. I am so glad I did not waste the $7.00!

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my Droid Razr HD and installed Wifi Tether for Root, and it has worked so much better than Foxfi.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Everything I have seen up to this point says it doesn't work after JB update. I don't mind paying for it bit can anyone confirm if Foxfi paid version works after the update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown