Moving Apps To SD Card

Rj Anderson

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So with my old Thunderbolt I think I remember just going to settings/apps and then when I click on a specific app I got an option that read, "Move to SD Card". But with my Maxx HD I see no such option when I go to Settings/Apps. How do I move apps, files, anything to my new removable SD card?

Also is there a way to have Google Play Store to automatically install newly acquired apps to my removable SD card instead of internal storage?

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So with my old Thunderbolt I think I remember just going to settings/apps and then when I click on a specific app I got an option that read, "Move to SD Card". But with my Maxx HD I see no such option when I go to Settings/Apps. How do I move apps, files, anything to my new removable SD card?

Also is there a way to have Google Play Store to automatically install newly acquired apps to my removable SD card instead of internal storage?

Good question I'm having the same problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
That feature was dropped in ICS on phones with large internal storage. There were too many problems, especially if people used older (low class = low speed) SD cards.

Rj Anderson

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
That feature was dropped in ICS on phones with large internal storage. There were too many problems, especially if people used older (low class = low speed) SD cards.

Ah...thank you for that info. No biggie I guess since the built in memory is 32GB. For my removable card I wend for the Sandisk class 10 32GB...no low class/low speed cards for me.