Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moving Apps To SD Card

So with my old Thunderbolt I think I remember just going to settings/apps and then when I click on a specific app I got an option that read, "Move to SD Card". But with my Maxx HD I see no such option when I go to Settings/Apps. How do I move apps, files, anything to my new removable SD card?

Also is there a way to have Google Play Store to automatically install newly acquired apps to my removable SD card instead of internal storage?

Default Re: Moving Apps To SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by Rj Anderson View Post
    So with my old Thunderbolt I think I remember just going to settings/apps and then when I click on a specific app I got an option that read, "Move to SD Card". But with my Maxx HD I see no such option when I go to Settings/Apps. How do I move apps, files, anything to my new removable SD card?

Also is there a way to have Google Play Store to automatically install newly acquired apps to my removable SD card instead of internal storage?
    Good question I'm having the same problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Looking for some Android knowledge...

That feature was dropped in ICS on phones with large internal storage. There were too many problems, especially if people used older (low class = low speed) SD cards.
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    That feature was dropped in ICS on phones with large internal storage. There were too many problems, especially if people used older (low class = low speed) SD cards.
    Ah...thank you for that info. No biggie I guess since the built in memory is 32GB. For my removable card I wend for the Sandisk class 10 32GB...no low class/low speed cards for me.