Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #26  
    t0ked's Avatar

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

    Default Re: Considering the Maxx HD, but the camera ....

    Coming from a Thunderbolt... did you like the camera on the tbolt? I did and i find the camera on the MAXX HD to be better than that one. Its all relative. Its probably not as good as the ones in the S3 or iphone5. Its good enough though.
  2. #27  
    Theot's Avatar

    Posts
    208 Posts
    ROM
    Whomp 4.2/Perseus 36.3

    Default Re: Considering the Maxx HD, but the camera ....

    I've pretty well talked myself into getting one of these very soon. I had an X2 for about a year and the camera was far better than the one on my GNEX I've been using for the past few months. Not to mention the battery life is atrocious on the GNEX even with my 3000 mah extended battery. So as long as the camera is as good or better than the GNEX and X2 I'm sold.

    I swore I wouldn't go back to a locked device but the cheap build quality of Samsung devices coupled with the weak radios and horrid battery life has turned me back. And while the DNA is tempting I can't take another phone with horrible battery life for another two years and worrying every time I leave the house if it's going to last.

    If moto would unlock their bootloaders they'd probably triple their sales. For the life of me idk why they won't do it. Build quality, strong radios, ample storage with removable storage to boot, an HD screen, and phenomenal battery life. I considered going to unlocked phones on straight talk but this phone keeps pulling me back to paying more with Verizon just to have the nicer phone and their LTE network.

    From an Eclipsed GNEX
  3. #28  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,634 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default Re: Considering the Maxx HD, but the camera ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Theot View Post
    I've pretty well talked myself into getting one of these very soon. I had an X2 for about a year and the camera was far better than the one on my GNEX I've been using for the past few months. Not to mention the battery life is atrocious on the GNEX even with my 3000 mah extended battery. So as long as the camera is as good or better than the GNEX and X2 I'm sold.

    I swore I wouldn't go back to a locked device but the cheap build quality of Samsung devices coupled with the weak radios and horrid battery life has turned me back. And while the DNA is tempting I can't take another phone with horrible battery life for another two years and worrying every time I leave the house if it's going to last.

    If moto would unlock their bootloaders they'd probably triple their sales. For the life of me idk why they won't do it. Build quality, strong radios, ample storage with removable storage to boot, an HD screen, and phenomenal battery life. I considered going to unlocked phones on straight talk but this phone keeps pulling me back to paying more with Verizon just to have the nicer phone and their LTE network.

    From an Eclipsed GNEX
    Not to disparage the Max HD because its an excellent phone but Dont believe everything that you hear about the DNAs battery life. I've found it more than sufficient getting 16+ hours out of it every day since I've gotten in. That's with 2 gmail accounts. G+ Facebook. Falcon Twitter and the AC forums app all running and not doing anything special to conserve battery.

    Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Max HD using the Android Central Forums app.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

    Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

    PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Considering the Maxx HD, but the camera ....

    Battery life on any of these is relative to how you use it. What 16hrs to one person may only be 12 to a person like me. I chose the Maxx to have the most juice I could have for the times I may need it most. One day I may not use the phone much and the next have to really give it a workout without having a charger near by. Now with the JB update I'm experiencing some battery drop off but I suspect there are issues I haven't found yet. I've have very strange things happening too and believe a factory reset is in my very near future, but the RAZR phones have been the best phones in my opinion and this one with a 720p screen will probably be the last upgrade ill have for awhile because I'll be hanging on to my unlimited data as long as I can. This is a pretty darn reliable and nice phone to be stuck with.

    Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"
  5. #30  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,634 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default Re: Considering the Maxx HD, but the camera ....

    Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    Battery life on any of these is relative to how you use it. What 16hrs to one person may only be 12 to a person like me. I chose the Maxx to have the most juice I could have for the times I may need it most. One day I may not use the phone much and the next have to really give it a workout without having a charger near by. Now with the JB update I'm experiencing some battery drop off but I suspect there are issues I haven't found yet. I've have very strange things happening too and believe a factory reset is in my very near future, but the RAZR phones have been the best phones in my opinion and this one with a 720p screen will probably be the last upgrade ill have for awhile because I'll be hanging on to my unlimited data as long as I can. This is a pretty darn reliable and nice phone to be stuck with.

    Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD
    I get that but my point is that the conventional wisdom they battery life on the DNA is bad is pure crap ... Could definitely be better but not bad either.

    (Btw I own both phones so no agenda here )


    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

    Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

    PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Considering the Maxx HD, but the camera ....

    Quote Originally Posted by t0ked View Post
    Coming from a Thunderbolt... did you like the camera on the tbolt? I did and i find the camera on the MAXX HD to be better than that one. Its all relative. Its probably not as good as the ones in the S3 or iphone5. Its good enough though.
    Ya know, it's all relative. I got a Bolt, some of the pix have taken are terrible. This is looking back. White balance in low light, not.
    I am on the fence, DNA or RM. I might wait until after the releases in Feb. It could get interesting. Meanwhile I need a new keyboard.
  7. #32  
    Theot's Avatar

    Posts
    208 Posts
    ROM
    Whomp 4.2/Perseus 36.3

    Default Re: Considering the Maxx HD, but the camera ....

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMobileGuru View Post
    Not to disparage the Max HD because its an excellent phone but Dont believe everything that you hear about the DNAs battery life. I've found it more than sufficient getting 16+ hours out of it every day since I've gotten in. That's with 2 gmail accounts. G+ Facebook. Falcon Twitter and the AC forums app all running and not doing anything special to conserve battery.

    Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Max HD using the Android Central Forums app.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    Battery life on any of these is relative to how you use it. What 16hrs to one person may only be 12 to a person like me. I chose the Maxx to have the most juice I could have for the times I may need it most. One day I may not use the phone much and the next have to really give it a workout without having a charger near by. Now with the JB update I'm experiencing some battery drop off but I suspect there are issues I haven't found yet. I've have very strange things happening too and believe a factory reset is in my very near future, but the RAZR phones have been the best phones in my opinion and this one with a 720p screen will probably be the last upgrade ill have for awhile because I'll be hanging on to my unlimited data as long as I can. This is a pretty darn reliable and nice phone to be stuck with.

    Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD
    Nope I know its all relative (I've had 4 different android phones now, all different battery life) but it's more than just the battery life as I said before. Storage, solid radios and great battery life. My Dinc2 had less than stellar reception in my home area. Now, I've read great things about the DNA's standby battery life, it sounds phenomenal, but I'd be willing to bet the maxx HD kicks its *** in screen on time. I could be wrong, because I have no facts or evidence to back that up, only conjecture, but I'd be curious see.

    From an Eclipsed GNEX
  8. #33  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,634 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default Re: Considering the Maxx HD, but the camera ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Theot View Post
    Nope I know its all relative (I've had 4 different android phones now, all different battery life) but it's more than just the battery life as I said before. Storage, solid radios and great battery life. My Dinc2 had less than stellar reception in my home area. Now, I've read great things about the DNA's standby battery life, it sounds phenomenal, but I'd be willing to bet the maxx HD kicks its *** in screen on time. I could be wrong, because I have no facts or evidence to back that up, only conjecture, but I'd be curious see.

    From an Eclipsed GNEX
    The Max HDs battery is a full 30% larger so of course it will. I'm just saying don't knock the DNA based upon battery life.

    I haven't done any real testing to compare but I haven't had any reception issues with either phone.

    Storage can't argue on but it simply does not matter to me personally.

    Buy what you want and enjoy :-)

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

    Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

    PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  9. #34  
    ozarkham's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

    Default Re: Considering the Maxx HD, but the camera ....

    Don't have a Maxx HD (yet) but I've heard the JB update improved the camera. Anyone notice that?
  10. #35  
    t0ked's Avatar

    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkham View Post
    Don't have a Maxx HD (yet) but I've heard the JB update improved the camera. Anyone notice that?
    It sped up the camera. Whether it sped up the screen response or something else, I don't know. But the camera snaps a pic as soon as I touch the screen button. Color balance seems a little better. I was satisfied with the camera before jb update, so keep that in mind.
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Considering the Maxx HD, but the camera ....

    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkham View Post
    Don't have a Maxx HD (yet) but I've heard the JB update improved the camera. Anyone notice that?
    The flash seems to be stronger with JB, which improves low light performance. With ICS I'd say the flash had an effective range of 6 feet. With JB it's 12 to 15 feet. The weak spot of the camera is those particular low light situations when the flash does not fire (when on Automatic.) Otherwise it's a pretty good camera. Just make sure in low light situations the flash in set to be On, or if possible, you position the subject matter in adequate light.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Case for the Maxx HD
    By ChuckG73 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Replies: 221
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 02:28 PM
  2. No Sticky for "pictures taken with the Maxx HD"
    By bgl321 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-18-2012, 10:45 PM
  3. Incipio cases for the Maxx HD
    By Bob-B in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 12:28 PM
  4. Keep the M or go for the Maxx HD???
    By Notrega in forum Droid RAZR M
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 01:44 PM
  5. Love the Droid X, but the Iphone camera owns the Droids
    By Thadeus50 in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions