Considering the Maxx HD, but the camera ....

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll take the bait.....plus I'm curious if anyone else gets this much life out of the battery

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353559461510.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353559461510.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 77

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow I have no idea what you are all talking about with the camera on this phone. I just bought it a week ago and the FRONT camera takes better pics than the MAIN camera on my Galaxy Nexus did. The main camera on this phone takes really incredible high detail pics.

The REAL advantage of this phone is I don't have to carry a charger around with me anymore to try and always leave it plugged in everywhere I go like I had to with the Nexus. The battery life is near what blackberrys used to do.

Sam Woodson

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I received my Razr Maxx HD a week ago, and three days later my wife received her Razr M. We are both very happy with our phones.

I had the original Galaxy S, then Droid Incredible 2 (for less than 2 weeks, hated it), the a Droid X2 for the last 18 months or so.

My wife had a Galaxy S for a week or so, didn't like it, switched to another smartphone, then within the 30 day period dropped down to a LG Cosmos feature phone. She is now very happy with the Razr M, her 81 year old Grandmother even liked it, but realized she would never figure it out, she has enough trouble with Vmsgs on her feature phone! :)

We are both very happy with the camera, haven't taken a lot of pictures yet. My HD Maxx battery life is incredible, hers is really good on the Razr M as well.

Sound quality and reception Wi-Fi, LTE, and Cellular are all good. I saw a site giving the HD screen a bad review in comparison to other current top of the line phones, but it looks great to me.

I was holding out for a Quad core phone, but I checked out the HTC Droid DNA in person the Wednesday before Thanksgiving when they were released, I decided I would have to pass on Quad cores for now. There isn't one perfect phone out there right now. The Quad core CPU and 2 Gb or RAM would be nice additions to the Razr Maxx HD, then I'd be happy!

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
matter of opinion. I would ALREADY own a Maxx HD if the camera didn't suck so badly. I went to verizon to check it out recently and the camera was so bad that I quickly abandoned the idea of getting the phone, despite it otherwise being pretty nice. to each his own. If you guys think you can get passable images from that phone, in other-than-bright sunlight, than I say "go for it". if you want a phone that can shoot in less than bright outdoor lighting, this phone will SORELY disappoint.

And you derived all of this from shooting in the store?

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Thunderbolt... did you like the camera on the tbolt? I did and i find the camera on the MAXX HD to be better than that one. Its all relative. Its probably not as good as the ones in the S3 or iphone5. Its good enough though.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've pretty well talked myself into getting one of these very soon. I had an X2 for about a year and the camera was far better than the one on my GNEX I've been using for the past few months. Not to mention the battery life is atrocious on the GNEX even with my 3000 mah extended battery. So as long as the camera is as good or better than the GNEX and X2 I'm sold.

I swore I wouldn't go back to a locked device but the cheap build quality of Samsung devices coupled with the weak radios and horrid battery life has turned me back. And while the DNA is tempting I can't take another phone with horrible battery life for another two years and worrying every time I leave the house if it's going to last.

If moto would unlock their bootloaders they'd probably triple their sales. For the life of me idk why they won't do it. Build quality, strong radios, ample storage with removable storage to boot, an HD screen, and phenomenal battery life. I considered going to unlocked phones on straight talk but this phone keeps pulling me back to paying more with Verizon just to have the nicer phone and their LTE network.

From an Eclipsed GNEX

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I've pretty well talked myself into getting one of these very soon. I had an X2 for about a year and the camera was far better than the one on my GNEX I've been using for the past few months. Not to mention the battery life is atrocious on the GNEX even with my 3000 mah extended battery. So as long as the camera is as good or better than the GNEX and X2 I'm sold.

I swore I wouldn't go back to a locked device but the cheap build quality of Samsung devices coupled with the weak radios and horrid battery life has turned me back. And while the DNA is tempting I can't take another phone with horrible battery life for another two years and worrying every time I leave the house if it's going to last.

If moto would unlock their bootloaders they'd probably triple their sales. For the life of me idk why they won't do it. Build quality, strong radios, ample storage with removable storage to boot, an HD screen, and phenomenal battery life. I considered going to unlocked phones on straight talk but this phone keeps pulling me back to paying more with Verizon just to have the nicer phone and their LTE network.

From an Eclipsed GNEX

Not to disparage the Max HD because its an excellent phone but Dont believe everything that you hear about the DNAs battery life. I've found it more than sufficient getting 16+ hours out of it every day since I've gotten in. That's with 2 gmail accounts. G+ Facebook. Falcon Twitter and the AC forums app all running and not doing anything special to conserve battery.

Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Max HD using the Android Central Forums app.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Battery life on any of these is relative to how you use it. What 16hrs to one person may only be 12 to a person like me. I chose the Maxx to have the most juice I could have for the times I may need it most. One day I may not use the phone much and the next have to really give it a workout without having a charger near by. Now with the JB update I'm experiencing some battery drop off but I suspect there are issues I haven't found yet. I've have very strange things happening too and believe a factory reset is in my very near future, but the RAZR phones have been the best phones in my opinion and this one with a 720p screen will probably be the last upgrade ill have for awhile because I'll be hanging on to my unlimited data as long as I can. This is a pretty darn reliable and nice phone to be stuck with.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Battery life on any of these is relative to how you use it. What 16hrs to one person may only be 12 to a person like me. I chose the Maxx to have the most juice I could have for the times I may need it most. One day I may not use the phone much and the next have to really give it a workout without having a charger near by. Now with the JB update I'm experiencing some battery drop off but I suspect there are issues I haven't found yet. I've have very strange things happening too and believe a factory reset is in my very near future, but the RAZR phones have been the best phones in my opinion and this one with a 720p screen will probably be the last upgrade ill have for awhile because I'll be hanging on to my unlimited data as long as I can. This is a pretty darn reliable and nice phone to be stuck with.

I get that but my point is that the conventional wisdom they battery life on the DNA is bad is pure crap ... Could definitely be better but not bad either.

(Btw I own both phones so no agenda here )

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

RLGL1

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a Thunderbolt... did you like the camera on the tbolt? I did and i find the camera on the MAXX HD to be better than that one. Its all relative. Its probably not as good as the ones in the S3 or iphone5. Its good enough though.
Ya know, it's all relative. I got a Bolt, some of the pix have taken are terrible. This is looking back. White balance in low light, not.
I am on the fence, DNA or RM. I might wait until after the releases in Feb. It could get interesting. Meanwhile I need a new keyboard.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Not to disparage the Max HD because its an excellent phone but Dont believe everything that you hear about the DNAs battery life. I've found it more than sufficient getting 16+ hours out of it every day since I've gotten in. That's with 2 gmail accounts. G+ Facebook. Falcon Twitter and the AC forums app all running and not doing anything special to conserve battery.

Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Max HD using the Android Central Forums app.

Nope I know its all relative (I've had 4 different android phones now, all different battery life) but it's more than just the battery life as I said before. Storage, solid radios and great battery life. My Dinc2 had less than stellar reception in my home area. Now, I've read great things about the DNA's standby battery life, it sounds phenomenal, but I'd be willing to bet the maxx HD kicks its ass in screen on time. I could be wrong, because I have no facts or evidence to back that up, only conjecture, but I'd be curious see.

From an Eclipsed GNEX

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Nope I know its all relative (I've had 4 different android phones now, all different battery life) but it's more than just the battery life as I said before. Storage, solid radios and great battery life. My Dinc2 had less than stellar reception in my home area. Now, I've read great things about the DNA's standby battery life, it sounds phenomenal, but I'd be willing to bet the maxx HD kicks its ass in screen on time. I could be wrong, because I have no facts or evidence to back that up, only conjecture, but I'd be curious see.

From an Eclipsed GNEX

The Max HDs battery is a full 30% larger so of course it will. I'm just saying don't knock the DNA based upon battery life.

I haven't done any real testing to compare but I haven't had any reception issues with either phone.

Storage can't argue on but it simply does not matter to me personally.

Buy what you want and enjoy :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Don't have a Maxx HD (yet) but I've heard the JB update improved the camera. Anyone notice that?

It sped up the camera. Whether it sped up the screen response or something else, I don't know. But the camera snaps a pic as soon as I touch the screen button. Color balance seems a little better. I was satisfied with the camera before jb update, so keep that in mind.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't have a Maxx HD (yet) but I've heard the JB update improved the camera. Anyone notice that?

The flash seems to be stronger with JB, which improves low light performance. With ICS I'd say the flash had an effective range of 6 feet. With JB it's 12 to 15 feet. The weak spot of the camera is those particular low light situations when the flash does not fire (when on Automatic.) Otherwise it's a pretty good camera. Just make sure in low light situations the flash in set to be On, or if possible, you position the subject matter in adequate light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2