Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Stock Email Client Not Syncing Consistently

Regarding my issue with my Yahoo mail - there's a new Yahoo mail client that Yahoo just released, and it seems to work great. Mail comes in right away, and it is functionally similar to the Gmail app. It doesn't seem to have ads either. It also gives you a purple notification light for Yahoo emails, which is cool if Yahoo is your main account.

I was having issues with my AOL account not syncing all the time on the stock email client. Ended up switching to K9 and it is working perfectly now.

I got the Maxx HD this weekend and the stock e-mail app has had no problem syncing with my company's Exchange account. I have the app set to "push" and e-mails show up in my inbox almost immediately.

Upon further review, the Yahoo email app doesn't appear to consistently push email the phone. It did at first, but it stopped. Too bad, the UI is nice. Maybe a future update will fix it.

I am still having this issue. I am tired of manually updating. I came from blackberry and exchange sync was seamless. Not impressed with android so far. Could care less about apps etc. I want my email to work right. I may be looking at BB again when the new os comes out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

To update, I still am not having any sync issues like I did with ICS. So comfortable now that I even uninstalled Touchdown, which I was using as a backup in case the stock email client didn't sync.

I'll add that I got the Maxx HD last week and shortly after upgraded to Jelly Bean. I have not had a single issue with the email syncing with the stock email manager (setup via the "Corporate Account" settings). My account is an Exchange account and both my mail and calendar update via push with no problem. I should add that I did delete all of my message filtering rules via my laptop before setting it up, mostly because they were old and unneeded but also because I thought they could be a potential source of trouble.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

I'm starting to have this problem again. Had to install Touchdown as a backup to make sure I don't miss anything.

Are you guys making sure you have background sync enabled all the time, for both mobile data connection and wifi? And you're not turning mobile data off (or losing mobile data signal) and letting wifi turn off when the phone's asleep?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Yes. Otherwise Touchdown wouldn't work flawlessly, and it does work flawlessly.

I must admit that the need to continually manually sync my email with exchange has made me regret purchasing this phone. This is my first android phone and I am not a fan. I may be going back to blackberry when their new platform comes out at the end of the month. This is very aggravating.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Download Touchdown

I'm not on exchange 2010 so I understand it will not work. I do appreciate the suggestion though. I use my phone mainly for email and the way android handles it is not acceptable.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

I'm exchange 2003. Why would you not try it? There are other options like K9, etc. Search for email in the play store. What type of account ate you trying to sync?

I am trying Touchdown now but it seems strange that I am running duplicative systems and that I am paying for a program to make basic email and other sync items to work.

I do appreciate the help and advice. I will keep trying.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Did you buy Touchdown? Every time you install it you get a 30 day free trial with all options enabled.

I was using Touchdown for my exchange email but my company upgraded to exchange 2010 and does not support active sync so Touchdown stopped working. Now I'm using MobiMail, I actually like it better than Touchdown in some ways. It handles attachments and meeting invites much better than TD did. Also it is using exchange web services so it doesn't need to set up that huge database on your phone like TD did. Much smaller footprint. It's not automatic push but it syncs every 5 minutes which is fine with me. Plus it's a lot cheaper, only 4.99 I believe.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

That's because you selected Activesync when you set up your TD email. TD also provides for exchange 2003 and 2007. You would probably just need to reconfigure.

Anyway, I'm going to try out MobiMail if there's a free version.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    That's because you selected Activesync when you set up your TD email. TD also provides for exchange 2003 and 2007. You would probably just need to reconfigure.

Anyway, I'm going to try out MobiMail if there's a free version.
    Nope. I tried 2003, 2007 and activesync, nada. I worked with TD support and they couldn't get it working either, they told me I was SOL. The admins at my company changed something on the mail server that blocked it. Worked fine for almost 2 years so I got my moneys worth. :-)

Unfortunately I don't think MobiMail has a free version. They guarantee your money back if they can't get you connected but that's about it.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Still having email gaps in my stock email client that Touchdown catches. Seems to happen sometimes with the first email I get after I move from wifi to 4G (wifi still on but not connected to wifi). The gaps don't clear up when I get back into wifi; stock email client pretends like the email never existed.

Default Re: Stock Email Client Not Syncing Consistently.. PROBLEM SOLVED

Problem solved ! Just pull down and turn on sync and everything works fine,,or go to settings > accounts and turn synchronization for pop3/imap account.
    works for me..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12