• 1 Post By colforbin
  • 1 Post By Lord Vadger
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Default RAZR HD Lag?

I switched from the RAZR MAXX to the RAZR MAXX HD and immediately rooted it and installed the Jelly Bean leak. I've noticed the device seems quite laggy in a way my original RAZR MAXX never did.

Obviously this seems odd as the HD should be much faster with its hardware and Jelly Bean. I've already tried a cache wipe and it didn't help.

Anyone else notice this?

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Default Re: RAZR HD Lag?

You're complaining about lag on an unofficial leaked rom? Happy Thanksgiving!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    You're complaining about lag on an unofficial leaked rom? Happy Thanksgiving!
    How often are the leaks actually different from the final release? It's probably identical, just waiting for 'Carrier Testing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    I switched from the RAZR MAXX to the RAZR MAXX HD and immediately rooted it and installed the Jelly Bean leak. I've noticed the device seems quite laggy in a way my original RAZR MAXX never did.

Obviously this seems odd as the HD should be much faster with its hardware and Jelly Bean. I've already tried a cache wipe and it didn't help.

Anyone else notice this?
    Was wondering about this myself. Just got the HD over the weekend and the geek in me is dying to try the leak since I've really been enjoying the JB improvements on my Xoom. Love Google Now but I think it will be a ton more useful on a phone. Not sure I am going to feel like dealing with flashing back to stock right away if the leak has problems but I haven't seen much info about whether the leak has issues and I've checked several forums.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

^For whatever reason, the Motorola forums are always quiet.

Aw, to heck with it. I took the plunge. So far, so good! With my luck, the official OTA will drop tomorrow.
    pblakk likes this.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

^For whatever reason, the Motorola forums are always quiet.
    Maybe because they work so well, seriously.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Anyone else notice this?
    Have you tried clearing the cache? Some users in the Razr Maxx forum said it helped speed things up after upgrading to ICS: How to clear your Cache (stock)
    pblakk likes this.

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You know you didn't have to root to apply the leak right? I thought you had to but apparently not. I didn't root and I'm running JB.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vadger View Post
    Have you tried clearing the cache? Some users in the Razr Maxx forum said it helped speed things up after upgrading to ICS: How to clear your Cache (stock)
    I've done that. I even did a factory reset. I'm really hoping the lag is eliminated with the final release.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Lag could be the precise reason it's taking so long to be released officially, right?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Lag could be the precise reason it's taking so long to be released officially, right?
    One could only hope. I won't hold my breath, people claim JB is lag free but there is clearly lag on my N7.

I had some pretty bad lag developing over a few days on stock ICS. I left it alone to see if the OS itself managed the lag out on its own but it got really annoying...only got back to normal after a couple of reboots. I was also running phase beam live wallpaper during that time and that was really about all I changed on my phone. I know jb may be different but are you guys running live wallpapers?

Any improvement after reboots? I'm gonna run a live wallpaper again and see what happens.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD