Razr Maxx HD on international GSM sims

iMischief

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi , i got my friend to ship me a Verizon unlocked (as claimed) Razr Maxx HD for use in India but sadly couldn't get it to activate on local micro Sims. ( get a restricted area notification which locks data and call making/recieving except emergency calls) if anyone is successfully using this phone on international GSM Sims , kindly help with settings ......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Schutzstaffel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
As stated, you need the carrier which in this case, is Verizon. Once that happens, you'll be able to pop in Sims from other countries. I'm going to have to do this once I ship so the gsm is quite important.

B adam

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey i just saw your post and thought i might be of some help. I ordered my razr maxx hd from Motorolas website in America and had it shipped to a friend that was coming to Egypt. It was unactivated on Verizon, however it does come with the verizon simcard in it. Popped in an Egyptian micro sim and volia.. It works fine data/calls. I had conversed with technical support first and was informed that it would work perfectly fine. My advice, download a voip application and call technical support and understand what the problem is.