Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Who?
  • 1 Post By Dreamliner330
  • 1 Post By edneum2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    kmf1's Avatar

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

    Default Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    If you are using the Verizon Visual Voice Mail, what do you think, pluses/minuses, etc.?
  2. #2  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    2.99 per month. Not worthwhile for most.
    Ezduzit likes this.
  3. #3  
    Dreamliner330's Avatar

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    Use Google Voice for your Voicemail. Its free, it saves messages forever, you can playback on your computer and it transcribes the messages.

    Google Voice > *
    pblakk likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    Use Google Voice for your Voicemail. Its free, it saves messages forever, you can playback on your computer and it transcribes the messages.

    Google Voice > *
    This

    And its superior to VVM.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    This

    And its superior to VVM.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
    Yea and all you have to do is let all 5000 of your contacts know you've changed the same number you've had for 10 years... so you can see transcriptions of your voicemail

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  
    Dreamliner330's Avatar

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by edneum2 View Post
    Yea and all you have to do is let all 5000 of your contacts know you've changed the same number you've had for 10 years... so you can see transcriptions of your voicemail

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Using Google Voice for voice mail does not change your number.

    5000? Right.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    Using Google Voice for voice mail does not change your number.

    5000? Right.
    I don't know how to respond without a literal interpretation of what you just said, in which case, no the app itself doesn't change your number but if you plan on using any features of the app someone's gonna have to call your Google voice number not existing number

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  
    Dreamliner330's Avatar

    Posts
    1,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by edneum2 View Post
    I don't know how to respond without a literal interpretation of what you just said, in which case, no the app itself doesn't change your number but if you plan on using any features of the app someone's gonna have to call your Google voice number not existing number
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by edneum2 View Post
    I don't know how to respond without a literal interpretation of what you just said, in which case, no the app itself doesn't change your number but if you plan on using any features of the app someone's gonna have to call your Google voice number not existing number

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Incorrect. I use Google voice and have for years, people call my original phone number, not Google number, and I get their message. You are wrong.
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    You set up GV to intercept calls to your existing number and utilize the GV voice mail system. It works brilliantly and I have used it for several years now with 2 different phone numbers working through GV.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by kmf View Post
    If you are using the Verizon Visual Voice Mail, what do you think, pluses/minuses, etc.?
    I had it for a short while but eventually got annoyed by the audio compression of the messages and cancelled the service. The general volume of the messages are low also.



    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    yea i stand corrected... i gave GV a 2nd chance since my 1st attempt several years ago and the setup went smoothly. i had my wife leave a voicemail and the transcription was a little off but good enough to get the gist. i dont see a need to do a trial of visual voicemail as GV seems to be adequate for the full price of $0.00. so my apologies and thanks to dreamliner and helloneumann (which is wierdly ironic that that's my last name minus an extra "n"
    pblakk likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    You set up GV to intercept calls to your existing number and utilize the GV voice mail system. It works brilliantly and I have used it for several years now with 2 different phone numbers working through GV.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think this is setting up call forwarding on GV right?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
  14. #14  

    Default Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    I think this is setting up call forwarding on GV right?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    Correct!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    I have a coworker who was using google voice.... It messed up his phone to the point he couldn't get any sms's.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    I tried to use Google Voice on my DNA before I returned it and it wouldnt work, so I downloaded and tried YouMail, same concept as GV but has more options for the actual voicemail for contacts/non-contacts/blocked and unknown numbers. Just like GV its free...
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Best Visual Voicemail? AT&T? YouMail? Google Voice? Unread counts? Reminders?

    Quote Originally Posted by consultant1027 View Post
    Jelly Bean 4.1.1 user on HTC One X+ on AT&T.

    I'm a little disappointed with the AT&T Visual Voicemail App. First off, there's no pop-up on my lockscreen when I wake the phone that indicates there's a new voicemail. Only indication is the tiny Visual Voicemail icon in the notification bar which you have to swipe down to see the who called. There's no repeating reminder setting either as far as I can see that you have a voicemail waiting. I could easily not notice the tiny icon up there. And lastly, on the ATYT VVM app icon, there's not unread counter! Are you kidding me?

    I see the most popular alternatives are YouMail and Google Voice. I see a history of thread with people having, shall we say, "uneven" experiences with YouMail. Considering this is an Android phone I would expect Google Voice is best. I already have a GV account but it has it's own phone number. I love the text transcription feature so I can actually instantly see the jist of the voicemail before deciding if I need to listen to it or not.

    So how do you disable AT&T VVM and re-route the phone to your Google Voicemail box? (Assuming Google Voice IS the best solution.)

    Here's the big question. If I use Google Voice, I assume in the app there's a way to call back the person that left the voicemail Can it be configured to call back using my regular phone and not call using Google voice? People will think I got a new number if when I press the callback function it uses Google Voice to call them back!
    IMO Google Voice is the best by far, not to mention the only service that can assign your phone a secondary number.....pretty sure. With the Android app you can choose to have a pop up to decide when GV will show your # versus calling "direct" with your carrier line. This pops up when hitting send within the native dialer. Verizon Visual Voice Mail-uploadfromtaptalk1353952527784.jpg:beer::beer:

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by Tayman52 View Post
    I have a coworker who was using google voice.... It messed up his phone to the point he couldn't get any sms's.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    I've been using GV since they were not even Google, I have yet to have a single issue with the service. GV is a Google bought service which used to be a similar service under "Grandcentral." I've been using it for maybe 6 or 7 years. It's very solid.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Similar Threads

  1. How to delete Visual Voice mail, Corporate Calendar
    By pussfeller in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 07:45 PM
  2. Verizon Visual Voice Mail
    By dadman#AC in forum Verizon
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 01:07 PM
  3. Verizon Visual Voice Mail
    By dadman#AC in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 06:54 AM
  4. Visual voice Mail
    By Divini in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 11:12 PM
  5. Where the heck is Visual Voice Mail...
    By infenit101 in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 09:54 PM

Posting Permissions

B