Verizon Visual Voice Mail

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Use Google Voice for your Voicemail. Its free, it saves messages forever, you can playback on your computer and it transcribes the messages.

Google Voice > *

edneum2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This

And its superior to VVM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Yea and all you have to do is let all 5000 of your contacts know you've changed the same number you've had for 10 years... so you can see transcriptions of your voicemail

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea and all you have to do is let all 5000 of your contacts know you've changed the same number you've had for 10 years... so you can see transcriptions of your voicemail

Using Google Voice for voice mail does not change your number.

5000? Right.

edneum2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Using Google Voice for voice mail does not change your number.

5000? Right.

I don't know how to respond without a literal interpretation of what you just said, in which case, no the app itself doesn't change your number but if you plan on using any features of the app someone's gonna have to call your Google voice number not existing number

Helloneumann

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how to respond without a literal interpretation of what you just said, in which case, no the app itself doesn't change your number but if you plan on using any features of the app someone's gonna have to call your Google voice number not existing number

Incorrect. I use Google voice and have for years, people call my original phone number, not Google number, and I get their message. You are wrong.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You set up GV to intercept calls to your existing number and utilize the GV voice mail system. It works brilliantly and I have used it for several years now with 2 different phone numbers working through GV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
If you are using the Verizon Visual Voice Mail, what do you think, pluses/minuses, etc.?

I had it for a short while but eventually got annoyed by the audio compression of the messages and cancelled the service. The general volume of the messages are low also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

edneum2

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
yea i stand corrected... i gave GV a 2nd chance since my 1st attempt several years ago and the setup went smoothly. i had my wife leave a voicemail and the transcription was a little off but good enough to get the gist. i dont see a need to do a trial of visual voicemail as GV seems to be adequate for the full price of $0.00. so my apologies and thanks to dreamliner and helloneumann (which is wierdly ironic that that's my last name minus an extra "n"

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
You set up GV to intercept calls to your existing number and utilize the GV voice mail system. It works brilliantly and I have used it for several years now with 2 different phone numbers working through GV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this is setting up call forwarding on GV right?

Tayman52

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a coworker who was using google voice.... It messed up his phone to the point he couldn't get any sms's.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

NoEviL

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried to use Google Voice on my DNA before I returned it and it wouldnt work, so I downloaded and tried YouMail, same concept as GV but has more options for the actual voicemail for contacts/non-contacts/blocked and unknown numbers. Just like GV its free...

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Best Visual Voicemail? AT&T? YouMail? Google Voice? Unread counts? Reminders?

Jelly Bean 4.1.1 user on HTC One X+ on AT&T.

I'm a little disappointed with the AT&T Visual Voicemail App. First off, there's no pop-up on my lockscreen when I wake the phone that indicates there's a new voicemail. Only indication is the tiny Visual Voicemail icon in the notification bar which you have to swipe down to see the who called. There's no repeating reminder setting either as far as I can see that you have a voicemail waiting. I could easily not notice the tiny icon up there. And lastly, on the ATYT VVM app icon, there's not unread counter! Are you kidding me?

I see the most popular alternatives are YouMail and Google Voice. I see a history of thread with people having, shall we say, "uneven" experiences with YouMail. Considering this is an Android phone I would expect Google Voice is best. I already have a GV account but it has it's own phone number. I love the text transcription feature so I can actually instantly see the jist of the voicemail before deciding if I need to listen to it or not.

So how do you disable AT&T VVM and re-route the phone to your Google Voicemail box? (Assuming Google Voice IS the best solution.)

Here's the big question. If I use Google Voice, I assume in the app there's a way to call back the person that left the voicemail Can it be configured to call back using my regular phone and not call using Google voice? People will think I got a new number if when I press the callback function it uses Google Voice to call them back!

IMO Google Voice is the best by far, not to mention the only service that can assign your phone a secondary number.....pretty sure. With the Android app you can choose to have a pop up to decide when GV will show your # versus calling "direct" with your carrier line. This pops up when hitting send within the native dialer. uploadfromtaptalk1353952527784.jpg:beer::beer:

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a coworker who was using google voice.... It messed up his phone to the point he couldn't get any sms's.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I've been using GV since they were not even Google, I have yet to have a single issue with the service. GV is a Google bought service which used to be a similar service under "Grandcentral." I've been using it for maybe 6 or 7 years. It's very solid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae