Purchased Camera apps

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the paid camera apps like zoomfx360? Does it help? On sale at play store if it does for 1/2 off.

Sent from my DRMHD using Android Central Forums

Tony Wayman

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I tried that one and really wasn't impressed with it. My advice is to learn and know the limitations of the camera and work within those limits. I actually find the camera in most situations to be very good. As good as my 25K in photo gear.... NO, as good as a cheap point and shoot? If you take the time to get a good shot you will most likely be satisfied with the results. Instead of looking for a camera app you might want to look into "Pixlr Express". It is a new editing program and has tons of features, I have used it and really like the results and power it offers. Best of all, it's free on the play store!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I thought the camera on my GNex was decent and the software was actually pretty really good. I'm not expecting DSLR quality pics out of this phone, but its a shame that its quite a bit lower in quality with both the camera and software than other phones. I took a pic in bright daylight the other day and it was quite noisy.

Here it is small. I thought the color and contrast looked great at least.
xlarge.jpg

Here's the full size if you want to pixel peep
http://www.fototime.com/FF1B3FA8D231BD7/orig.jpg

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I thought the camera on my GNex was decent and the software was actually pretty really good. I'm not expecting DSLR quality pics out of this phone, but its a shame that its quite a bit lower in quality with both the camera and software than other phones. I took a pic in bright daylight the other day and it was quite noisy.

Here it is small. I thought the color and contrast looked great at least.
http://www.fototime.com/FF1B3FA8D231BD7/xlarge.jpg

Here's the full size if you want to pixel peep
http://www.fototime.com/FF1B3FA8D231BD7/orig.jpg

Uhhhhh THAT..... is a nice shot! :beer::beer::beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Uhhhhh THAT..... is a nice shot! :beer::beer::beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Thanks. I liked the shot and liked the way it looked on my phone, until I got it onto a large screen. Perhaps if the phone had some options for something less than an 8mp pic the noise would also be less. Again, crappy software.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yea I ran it thru Noiseware and it does shrink the file some I could probably go into settings and fix that I also sharpened it a tad in Photoshop

That sounds like a lot of work to go through for something that the phone's native software app should do on its own.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE