1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stupid Question..What is this little blue icon above voice signal strength??

Can't figure out what the little blue house with a signal is which blinks on/off all the time above the cell phone bars..could it be my network extender?

Stupid Question..What is this little blue icon above voice signal strength??-2012-11-24-21.59.04.png

Global Posts
    1,281 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Stupid Question..What is this little blue icon above voice signal strength??

I have no clue. It looks like a little alien, haha. Do you have one of those apps that try to randomly reset your prl in attempt to get u better reception?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Stupid Question..What is this little blue icon above voice signal strength??

Nope..
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Now that I have been watching it, it appears to have something to do with searching for tower signals...it blinks all the time except when the towers switch to 3G then it doesn't blink...??? I have terrible Verizon reception where I live.

You got it right off the bat. It means you're connected to the Network Extender. It's in your "house," right? That's the reason they picked that icon.

Network extender

Global Posts
    1,281 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by codysanbor View Post
    Network extender
    If the above was a question..

Verizon sells a network extender. Its like a mini tower you place in your home, I believe that you need to have an internet connection and I land line for this to work. But it just gives you better 1x and 3G signal around your home.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I do not have a network extender and I have the same symbol.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tygerman View Post
    I do not have a network extender and I have the same symbol.
    Your neighbor might. My neighbor picks mine up.