Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    396 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Other Carriers

    Does anyone know why Motorola won't release the razrr line on other u.s carriers I know it has the Verizon Droid name but they could swtich it up and release it on at&t,sprint etc

    Sent from my PC36100
  2. #2  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,690 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,726 Global Posts

    Default Re: Other Carriers

    It's likely that Verizon has an exclusive on the RAZR brand in the United States.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    396 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Other Carriers

    That sucks I love the look of those phones and the build quality is great I even like the skin but i don't want to switch to Verizon for those phones

    Sent from my PC36100
  4. #4  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,690 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,726 Global Posts

    Default Re: Other Carriers

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    That sucks I love the look of those phones and the build quality is great I even like the skin but i don't want to switch to Verizon for those phones

    Sent from my PC36100
    I agree. I don't know how long Verizon has an exclusive on the RAZR name for but I hope it's up soon. It would be great if Motorola could take the RAZR-brand to other US carriers. It would probably help cut their R&D costs too as they wouldn't need to develop completely different phones for the other carriers.

    Imagine the RAZR M/i, RAZR HD, and RAZR MAXX HD available on all US carriers. No need for the Atrix HD, Photon Q, and Electrify M.

    I still believe the RAZR-brand is strong enough to go up against the iPhone and Galaxy S brands worldwide.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    dragonsamus and diegoesk like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    396 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Other Carriers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I agree. I don't know how long Verizon has an exclusive on the RAZR name for but I hope it's up soon. It would be great if Motorola could take the RAZR-brand to other US carriers. It would probably help cut their R&D costs too as they wouldn't need to develop completely different phones for the other carriers.

    Imagine the RAZR M/i, RAZR HD, and RAZR MAXX HD available on all US carriers. No need for the Atrix HD, Photon Q, and Electrify M.

    I still believe the RAZR-brand is strong enough to go up against the iPhone and Galaxy S brands worldwide.
    Yea and the skin is closest thing to pure Android and battery life is amazing I hope other carriers get in on the action

    Sent from my PC36100
  6. #6  
    NGEFreek's Avatar

    Posts
    685 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

    Default Re: Other Carriers

    Alltel offers the RAZR maxx right now, AFAIK, Verizon has the term 'droid' cornered, not RAZR.

    Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500
  7. #7  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,690 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,726 Global Posts

    Default Re: Other Carriers

    Quote Originally Posted by NGEFreek View Post
    Alltel offers the RAZR maxx right now, AFAIK, Verizon has the term 'droid' cornered, not RAZR.

    Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500
    Verizon licenses the "DROID" name from LucasFilms. DROID isn't a Motorola thing at all (see DROID-branded phones from HTC and Samsung).

    Maybe the deal is only for the big four, not the smaller regional carriers. Or Alltel was able to pick up a RAZR-branded phone due to their relationship with Verizon.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  8. #8  
    NGEFreek's Avatar

    Posts
    685 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

    Default Re: Other Carriers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Verizon licenses the "DROID" name from LucasFilms. DROID isn't a Motorola thing at all (see DROID-branded phones from HTC and Samsung).

    Maybe the deal is only for the big four, not the smaller regional carriers. Or Alltel was able to pick up a RAZR-branded phone due to their relationship with Verizon.
    Very possible, I don't think Alltel here in Southern Illinois was bought up by verizon, but I've been told by multiple employees they run off the same towers, which is nice.

    Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500
  9. #9  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: Other Carriers

    $$$
  10. #10  
    rickydavis1051's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

    Default Re: Other Carriers

    Is there a gsm unlocked RAZR maxx HD or regular RAZR maxx available?

    Nexus 4, you jelly bro?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    396 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Other Carriers

    In Canada and from what I've read it works on at&ts LTE bands

    Sent from my PC36100

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 05:11 PM
  2. No messages from other carriers?
    By isharity in forum LG Optimus S
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 02:33 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 02:00 PM
  4. G2 unlocked for other carriers?
    By miltonbradley in forum T-Mobile G2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 05:21 PM

Posting Permissions