Other Carriers

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know why Motorola won't release the razrr line on other u.s carriers I know it has the Verizon Droid name but they could swtich it up and release it on at&t,sprint etc

Sent from my PC36100

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's likely that Verizon has an exclusive on the RAZR brand in the United States.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
That sucks I love the look of those phones and the build quality is great I even like the skin but i don't want to switch to Verizon for those phones

Sent from my PC36100

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That sucks I love the look of those phones and the build quality is great I even like the skin but i don't want to switch to Verizon for those phones

Sent from my PC36100

I agree. I don't know how long Verizon has an exclusive on the RAZR name for but I hope it's up soon. It would be great if Motorola could take the RAZR-brand to other US carriers. It would probably help cut their R&D costs too as they wouldn't need to develop completely different phones for the other carriers.

Imagine the RAZR M/i, RAZR HD, and RAZR MAXX HD available on all US carriers. No need for the Atrix HD, Photon Q, and Electrify M.

I still believe the RAZR-brand is strong enough to go up against the iPhone and Galaxy S brands worldwide.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I don't know how long Verizon has an exclusive on the RAZR name for but I hope it's up soon. It would be great if Motorola could take the RAZR-brand to other US carriers. It would probably help cut their R&D costs too as they wouldn't need to develop completely different phones for the other carriers.

Imagine the RAZR M/i, RAZR HD, and RAZR MAXX HD available on all US carriers. No need for the Atrix HD, Photon Q, and Electrify M.

I still believe the RAZR-brand is strong enough to go up against the iPhone and Galaxy S brands worldwide.

Yea and the skin is closest thing to pure Android and battery life is amazing I hope other carriers get in on the action

Sent from my PC36100

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Alltel offers the RAZR maxx right now, AFAIK, Verizon has the term 'droid' cornered, not RAZR.

Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Alltel offers the RAZR maxx right now, AFAIK, Verizon has the term 'droid' cornered, not RAZR.

Verizon licenses the "DROID" name from LucasFilms. DROID isn't a Motorola thing at all (see DROID-branded phones from HTC and Samsung).

Maybe the deal is only for the big four, not the smaller regional carriers. Or Alltel was able to pick up a RAZR-branded phone due to their relationship with Verizon.

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon licenses the "DROID" name from LucasFilms. DROID isn't a Motorola thing at all (see DROID-branded phones from HTC and Samsung).

Maybe the deal is only for the big four, not the smaller regional carriers. Or Alltel was able to pick up a RAZR-branded phone due to their relationship with Verizon.

Very possible, I don't think Alltel here in Southern Illinois was bought up by verizon, but I've been told by multiple employees they run off the same towers, which is nice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2