Play Music app?

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Just connected my MAXX HD to my laptop and using Windows Media Player, performed a sync to pull over all my albums.

When I tap on the Play Music icon it brings up a "Last Added" (Playlist) that shows a grid of 4 albums.

How can I scroll through the albums (covers) to select an album? This is driving me nuts. My Droid X was almost identical to my old IPod Touch.

[EDIT] Just did some more reading... do I need to download GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC MANAGER before attempting to pull the tunes over from my laptop?

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
From what I remember, yes you should download google play music manager. It will then sync with google play music on your Maxx.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
OK... I'm going to start over. How can I delete ALL the music on my MAXX and then download from the cloud?

Is it best to just access the phone via USB and delete from the laptop?

Last edited:

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You can do it either way. I find it a little easier using my laptop but you can easily do it from your Maxx as well. Go to your app list and pull up my files. Go to where you store them and delete them.

Once you download google play music manager on your PC and select your tunes, go to your Maxx and pull up google play music and log in with your google info and your Maxx will sync it.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I just deleted via USB [laptop to phone]. Took awhile to upload to the cloud.... but downloaded to the phone almost instantly. AND... got all my album art.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just connected my MAXX HD to my laptop and using Windows Media Player, performed a sync to pull over all my albums.

When I tap on the Play Music icon it brings up a "Last Added" (Playlist) that shows a grid of 4 albums.

How can I scroll through the albums (covers) to select an album? This is driving me nuts. My Droid X was almost identical to my old IPod Touch.

[EDIT] Just did some more reading... do I need to download GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC MANAGER before attempting to pull the tunes over from my laptop?

I put music on there just by copy and pasting from desktop computer into the Music folder on the phone, and Play Music organizes it by album/artist automatically, and includes the album art. You can swipe to the right and left to switch between the Song/Artist/Album/etc views.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a Play Music question too - in my "queue," all the songs get listed twice. Not with the duplicates grouped together, but the whole list of songs gets listed in order twice if you just keep scrolling down. Anyone know why that would be? All the songs are mp3's stored locally on the phone.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a Play Music question too - in my "queue," all the songs get listed twice. Not with the duplicates grouped together, but the whole list of songs gets listed in order twice if you just keep scrolling down. Anyone know why that would be? All the songs are mp3's stored locally on the phone.

Probably because you have them both stored on your device as well as in your google play music list. You should be able to delete them from your device and that will delete the duplicates. Back em up first!!

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Probably because you have them both stored on your device as well as in your google play music list. You should be able to delete them from your device and that will delete the duplicates. Back em up first!!

The are all on my computer. I didn't intentionally put any music on Google's server, but maybe it automatically does it for you when you copy and paste mp3's into the music folder of the phone? And then, like, tries to sync from Google's server even though the music is already on the phone?

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Listen to Music on your Android device - Google Play Help

The google play support page is pretty helpful info. If you're using google play for music, the music manager on your PC thru your google account as well as your android device or multiple android devices, it will show up without needing to load each song including play lists. It streams. However you can click on the songs you want and select save for offline in the event you're in an area without a signal.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Listen to Music on your Android device - Google Play Help

The google play support page is pretty helpful info. If you're using google play for music, the music manager on your PC thru your google account as well as your android device or multiple android devices, it will show up without needing to load each song including play lists. It streams. However you can click on the songs you want and select save for offline in the event you're in an area without a signal.

I'm not interested in storing my stuff on Google's server.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21