Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update hits week of Dec. 2

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Moose View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe soak will be this weekend? But usually they give a notice before hand...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, if this already happened I'm a bit miffed that I didn't get the invite. I have been a loyal and frequent tester on three updates on two different devices prior.
    Who? likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by S Mell View Post
    Yes, if this already happened I'm a bit miffed that I didn't get the invite. I have been a loyal and frequent tester on three updates on two different devices prior.
    I figured it would be over the past weekend and I was not chosen either. I have been participated previously also.
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I think the statement was misinterpreted, I got an email last night that from Motorola saying this:

Hello,

Thanks for signing up for the Droid RAZR HD and RAZR Maxx HD software test. The software should be pushed to your phone early tomorrow, and we're now opening the private community for your comments.

Your input is very important to us. To ensure we hear you, please follow these guidelines:
    •Please post all your feedback in our private community (link below). This also where you'll find help during the soak.
    •Please do not call or contact Motorola or Verizon support for help during the soak. Those teams are not yet ready to support this software.
    •I'm not able to check private messages on the forums during soaks, so if you need immediate help that's not a good route to take.
    •If you have any problems accessing the private community, please click here for help. If that does not help, reply back to this email with details of your problems logging in.

Please start your visit to the private community here. You'll find additional important information in the Welcome message as soon as you sign in.

Thanks so much for your participation! We really appreciate your time and insights.

And this morning I received the update that has a build date of November 3, and the build number is 9.8.1Q_39

So anyone get their update yet?

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

The update just dropped to my razr hd. downloading now and i wasnt registered for any sort of testing.

Quote Originally Posted by shadofall View Post
    The update just dropped to my razr hd. downloading now and i wasnt registered for any sort of testing.
    So how is it? Any change to the smoothness of the OS?

What part of the country are you in?
    Got lost in Cupertino...Finally found the light.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

east coast. and no clue on hows its running im factory resetting as i could charge my phone after the update.......

Lol I got I "new updates available" notification but it turned out to be just a gmail update. I was disappointed.

east coast. and no clue on hows its running im factory resetting as i could charge my phone after the update.......
    Wow that's scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    Lol I got I "new updates available" notification but it turned out to be just a gmail update. I was disappointed.
    Same here. Got my hopes up.

You couldn't charge your phone? Or could?

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Wow that's scary.
    charging now. no clue wth happened but its working now now once i get home to my wifi i get to reinstall apps :P

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

you wont see a new updates avalible. you'll get a great big box on the screen saying it will start downloading shortly with a timer counting down to auto start. if you miss that next time you power on the screen you get a big update ready to install, continue?

you wont see a new updates avalible. you'll get a great big box on the screen saying it will start downloading shortly with a timer counting down to auto start. if you miss that next time you power on the screen you get a big update ready to install, continue?
    Good to know. I've been checking the "system updates" lol.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,189 Global Posts

Reminder: these updates happen in phases. On some days during the roll-out, the update will be pushed randomly to various devices. There is no need to check for updates. At the end of the "push" period, the update will be available for "pull" for all devices. The "push" period usually lasts about one week.

Check in on , , or to be updated when "pull" becomes available. Or just keep an eye on Android Central's main blog page as they'll probably do a follow-up story when "pull" is available.

Your location or when you bought your phone is irrelevant. There is no need to post "I'm in [insert city here] and still haven't received the update" or "I bought my phone on [insert date here] and I just got the update!".

As always, it's recommended that you be stock and unmodified for the best results when updating via official manufacturer/carrier OTA.
    Last edited by Ry; 12-03-2012 at 02:52 PM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Alcarnor14 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Reminder: these updates happen in phases. On some days during the roll-out, the update will be pushed randomly to various devices. There is no need to check for updates. At the end of the "push" period, the update will be available for "pull" for all devices. The "push" period usually lasts about one week.

Check in on , , or to be updated when "pull" becomes available. Or just keep an eye on Android Central's main blog page as they'll probably do a follow-up story when "pull" is available.

Your location or when you bought your phone is irrelevant. There is no need to post "I'm in [insert city here] and still haven't received the update" or "I bought my phone on [insert date here] and I just got the update!".

As always, it's recommended that you be stock and unmodified for the results when updating via official manufacturer/carrier OTA.
    Ok so what about those of us who rooted and still stock what is needed to do on my part to get update and retain the root? I have superuser and voodoo ota root keeper installed already. No special roms added.

ROM
    Stock

I just got the OTA, was rooted, with Voodoo and Superuser installed, protected, and now after the OTA completed, cannot get root back. Everything was up-to-date before the OTA. Interestingly I press the "restore root" button in Voodoo, it says su was restored, but alas, no root access.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hittman73 View Post
    What part of the country are you in?
    Irrelevant.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Irrelevant.
    Thanks for letting me know.
    Got lost in Cupertino...Finally found the light.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12