Different launcher?

electric turd

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried a different launcher to do away with the app labels? I understand the labels being in the app drawer but I don't like labels being down in the dock, is it possible to remove with with a diff launcher(nova,holo etc)? I'm still trying to decide between this phone and the S3. Leaning towards this one so help me.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Not a big fan of launchers but I believe the labels go away. I wonder if someone that's tried the leaked JB build could let us know if the labels on the home screen are gone, I hate them too, they take up valuable space.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Using Nova (have been on both this and my GNex) and like it the best out of all that I've tried. It has a lot of customization possible. And there is the option to remove the labels from the home screen. Have up to 7 icons in the dock, with scrolling docs. Can get rid of that dumb fixed google search bar. Lots of drawer options as well.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Using Nova (have been on both this and my GNex) and like it the best out of all that I've tried. It has a lot of customization possible. And there is the option to remove the labels from the home screen. Have up to 7 icons in the dock, with scrolling docs. Can get rid of that dumb fixed google search bar. Lots of drawer options as well.

You can disable the Google search in the apps under settings. I just wish it would allow me to move it to another screen and be off my home screen.

Now I have a question if I load nova can I switch back and forth if for some reason I don't like it at first?

Sent From my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You can disable the Google search in the apps under settings. I just wish it would allow me to move it to another screen and be off my home screen.

Now I have a question if I load nova can I switch back and forth if for some reason I don't like it at first?

Sent From my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk 2

Right, that's what I meant. I hated being forced to have it on my home screen. Now its nowhere to be found.

Yes, you can switch back and forth. The easiest way initially until you're sure you like it is that everytime you press the home button it will ask you which launcher you want to use. Pick the one but don't click the "do this always" option until you know you like it. You can still go back the other way (I always forget where it is) and swap also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12