Paint chipping near micro USB port on my RAZR Maxx HD

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone notice small chips or scratches near the micro USB port on the Maxx HD? I had two already, and they both did the same thing. I also noticed a store display model having the same issue.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
None here yet but I'm very careful when plugging it in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
None here yet but I'm very careful when plugging it in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
I quickly checked mine. Whew!!! Thought this may be something that happens to all maxx HD's, I too, am very careful when plugging it in.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone notice that if you take a knife to the back of your phone you can cut the kevlar on the Maxx HD? I had two already, and they both did the same thing. I also noticed a store display model having the same issue when subjected to my knifing. Security then took my knife, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Last edited:

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You are either trolling, not to swift, or don't understand Kevlar. Why not try a different approach...try and put a bullet through the phone and see how the Kevlar does not stop the bullet.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone notice small chips or scratches near the micro USB port on the Maxx HD? I had two already, and they both did the same thing. I also noticed a store display model having the same issue.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Mine does seem to have the paint below the port wearing a little.

Last edited:

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
You are either trolling, not to swift, or don't understand Kevlar. Why not try a different approach...try and put a bullet through the phone and see how the Kevlar does not stop the bullet.

Just poking some fun at the OPs question, where he's complaining about scratching the area around the microusb port. If that's trolling, then ok. I thought my taking a knife to the phone, and the fact that I said that I've done it twice, and then that I also did it at a Verizon store, would have made the hyperbole obvious.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It's funny you posted this. Mine came out of the box with a tiny dent on the port. Doesn't bother me, though. I did play with an in store demo. The port isn't chipping, it's a dent. The aluminum is so weak, I pushed the charger against the inside and noticed dents occurring with little to no pressure. I'm surprised more people haven't said anything.