Is there a desktop dock for this phone?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've seen the one for the Razr HD but the reviews on Amazon seem to say that it doesn't fit this phone well. Anyone have any experience or know if there is a dock made to fit the MAXX HD?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've seen the one for the Razr HD but the reviews on Amazon seem to say that it doesn't fit this phone well. Anyone have any experience or know if there is a dock made to fit the MAXX HD?

The only dock is the Universal Flip stand by Motorola. Its not a dock per say but its nice and I use it every night.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This one works with the Razr HD and Maxx HD,

Amazon.com: Motorola HD Dock with Wall Charger for Motorola Smartphones and Tablets - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

However, due to the placement of the charging connection the phones do set just slightly off center. Maybe a 1/4" in or so.

Thanks. I hadn't seen that one. I don't really mind (I don't think) if it sits a little off center, just so long as its easy to use and works well - easy to get the phone on and off of.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I hadn't seen that one. I don't really mind (I don't think) if it sits a little off center, just so long as its easy to use and works well - easy to get the phone on and off of.

As a note about this dock, if you have the Verizon holster/kickstand case, you must remove the phone from the case before using this dock (the contacts are not quite long enough). Other than that, it works great.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Well, the dock arrived. I'll say its, "ok". Nothing spectacular. I give it an ok because of the ease of putting the phone onto and taking it off. I compare this to the docs that I had for my Blackberry and my Samsung Fascinate. The BB was a small open donut cradle that you'd just drop the phone down into.
blackberry-tour-9630-cradle-oem-ASY-14396-010-1.jpg

With the Fascinate dock you could just put the phone in and slide it over.
31M1O2kB4bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

With this one you have to figure out how to align the connectors everytime. You can't do it blindly fast and because you have to adjust the back piece (only once when you first set it up) for the thickness of the phone or tablet you have to get the back of the phone aligned just right. When you remove the phone you can't grab the center and pull up. YOu have to pull up on the side right over the connectors. I do have some fear of bending the connections inside the phone if I remove it incorrectly too many times.

I think the big fail with this is that its a one size fits all for both tablets and phones with cases or no cases and so its just not as easy to use as the other 2 I mentioned above. That said, once the phone is in it it works well and has made it easier to check my mail, etc while the phone is plugged in on the night stand.

So overall, on a 1-10 scale, I give it a 10 for use while connected but a 4 for ease of getting the phone onto the dock.
2.jpg

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, the dock arrived. I'll say its, "ok". Nothing spectacular. I give it an ok because of the ease of putting the phone onto and taking it off. I compare this to the docs that I had for my Blackberry and my Samsung Fascinate. The BB was a small open donut cradle that you'd just drop the phone down into.
http://www.oriongadgets.com/images/blackberry-tour-9630-cradle-oem-ASY-14396-010-1.jpg

With the Fascinate dock you could just put the phone in and slide it over.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31M1O2kB4bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

With this one you have to figure out how to align the connectors everytime. You can't do it blindly fast and because you have to adjust the back piece (only once when you first set it up) for the thickness of the phone or tablet you have to get the back of the phone aligned just right. When you remove the phone you can't grab the center and pull up. YOu have to pull up on the side right over the connectors. I do have some fear of bending the connections inside the phone if I remove it incorrectly too many times.

I think the big fail with this is that its a one size fits all for both tablets and phones with cases or no cases and so its just not as easy to use as the other 2 I mentioned above. That said, once the phone is in it it works well and has made it easier to check my mail, etc while the phone is plugged in on the night stand.

So overall, on a 1-10 scale, I give it a 10 for use while connected but a 4 for ease of getting the phone onto the dock.
http://cdn-store.shopandroid.com/im...ccessories/additional_images/9835/large/2.jpg

Thanks for posting follow-up. While not ideal it appears there isn't a better option for desktop dock.