Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contact photos missing using Handcent?

Only about half of my contact's photos show up when texting using Handcent. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    Thanks,
    BlackAudiA5

Default Re: Contact photos missing using Handcent?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAudiA5 View Post
    Only about half of my contact's photos show up when texting using Handcent. Anyone know how to fix this?
    I've got the same problem. This more than likely comes about from the tiff between Google and Facebook from the other year. Because FB wouldn't play nice with Google and use the appropriate APIs Google blocked FB from using other ones. One of the results of this is exactly what you are experiencing. The FB photos show up in your contact list but not in Handcent.

The is one way around this. You have to use a 3rd party app that gets around this. Two apps to check out are: Contact Sync for Facebook and HaxSync
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'll check those out. Upon further investigation.... it MAY be Handcent. For some contacts (when using Handcent).... their photos don't show up for texting even if I've set their photos from a photo stored on my phone. Out of curiousity... I checked the standard text messaging app and ALL photos show up when using that standard app. Weird behavior.

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    Thanks,
    BlackAudiA5

Hmm. Ok about photos that are stored locally, it depends how you associated them with your contacts. I was experiencing the same thing. For instance I have 5 gmail email accounts on my phone, plus Facebook. The end result is that if I have Joe Smith in my personal email contacts list, as well as another account (say business email) you have to pay attention to which of those contacts you assign the photo to. In the end I just assigned the same photo to every instance.

I'd like to hear if folks using GoSMS have the same problems.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Turns out it DOES appear to be a conflict between FB and Handsent. Contact's profiles that are independant from FB have their profile pic show up in Handsent. Those contacts that have phone numbers, email AND Facebook links have no profile pic show up in Handsent. So... to get around thus FB conflict, I just overroad the default profile pic in my contacts with a photo of my own. They all appear in Handsent now.

Sent via my RAZR MAXX HD
    Thanks,
    BlackAudiA5

Ok simple ? I was forced to get a new phone, old one crashed. After installing all my old features I realized that my pic does not show up anymore n the conversation part of the text. Ex: I write someone n send it. My pic is there next to my comment. Any ideas on how I can get that back

Got to PEOPLE and set up your profile in there.

Thanks got it workin again