Future updates

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
No one actually knows, but I think 4.2 will be the last update. Considering my experience with 4.1 vs. 4.0, we're probably better off without updates.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If you mean turning it off, waiting ten minutes, and turning it on? Yes. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to hard reset my phone for it to work properly. This isn't Windows Mobile. Everything was fine before the update, which, despite people's issues, is likely to become the official JB build.

Over the past 5 years I've had two WinMo phones and this is my second Android phone. I was beyond happy with the Maxx before the update.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I think we'll get Key Lime Pie.

Android Key Lime Pie release date

Google has announced that its next developer conference - Google IO - will take place from May 15 to May 17 2013, a month earlier than 2012's June dates. Given that Google announced Android 4.1 Jelly Bean at 2012's IO conference, it's not unreasonable to expect to see Android 5.0 at next year's event.

May not mean much but considering this year's pace and updates on a bunch of devices I think the RAZR HD will get KLP before the new RAZR flagship late next year perhaps, and the timeline above.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I think it's pretty unlikely that we get any update that starts with the number 5. 4.2 is probably as far as it gets. By the time KLP is released on non nexus phones our phones will be a year old.

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
If you mean turning it off, waiting ten minutes, and turning it on? Yes. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to hard reset my phone for it to work properly. This isn't Windows Mobile. Everything was fine before the update, which, despite people's issues, is likely to become the official JB build.

Over the past 5 years I've had two WinMo phones and this is my second Android phone. I was beyond happy with the Maxx before the update.
That's not a proper reboot. Hold both power and volume down buttons for several seconds. The phone will then reboot. This is the equivalent of a battery pull. Turning the phone off for a few minutes does nothing.

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Sorry about your issues. I don't have Jelly Bean yet but I am a bit apprehensive myself about the update since I think my Maxx HD works perfectly as is right now. Also, I've learned from past updates that new isn't always better. This was particularly true with my Droid X and the gingerbread upgrade. To Motorola's credit, they did eventually get gingerbread right on the X and the phone was amazing after it stabilized but there were a few months where the phone regressed from Froyo.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member