Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default More Questions from Android Newbie-- Blackberry convert

Two things my Blackberry did that I cannot figure out how to do on Android (there may be more but these two are bugging me):

- How can I block my number from an outgoing call (I'm on verizon)-- so that the person I am calling does not get my number? Blackberry used to have an option to set it so that it was blocked

- How can I combine calls to the same person in the call log? Seems crazy that every call is listed in order made and not grouped by contact (regardless of which phone number for the contact was used)

Any help is appreciated.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Default Re: More Questions from Android Newbie-- Blackberry convert

*67 before the dialed number will block the caller ID on a PER-CALL basis.
    IF you want to permanently block your caller ID, then go onto VZW.com and change it under the settings (or call a VZW rep at 800.922.0204 and they can do it for you).
    If you're permanently blocked, but want to reveal your caller ID on a per-call basis, just add *82 as a prefix to the number you're dialing.

As far as combining a call log, I'm afraid I can't offer any insights in that regard.

If you ALWAYS want to block a contact from knowing your call that is in your contact list I add their number as *67xxx-xxx-xxxx

Unfortunately the call log won't group by name, just by date. That's something I miss as well. But, I live with it. What BB did you use? I still have my 9700, but regret updating to version 6. Unlike JB on my MAXX here...